It's been a long time coming...

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Savvy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Savvy

Savvy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Apr 16, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer/DA Civilian
    DE
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 0 / -0
    I know I haven't been as active on here for quite some time, but life happens. This past year has been busy with house projects. Mainly replacing all the windows. I managed to replace 15 of 19 windows throughout last summer and fall. I'll knock out the last 4 this spring sometime.

Anyway, I've put a deposit on my next "long term" purchase. I'd like to introduce you all to my new pup...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I met him for the first time Tuesday. I grew up with boxers. My parent's last boxer passed away about 4 years ago. My sister's passed a little under 2 years ago. Now, that I am finally in a spot where I can devote the time necessary to training a pup... I am ready for a slobbering mess of my own.

He is about 5 weeks old right now. I will be picking him up mid-March. He comes from very healthy champion lines out of Europe. His dad was a recent import from Serbia. I got to meet both parents (Oz, the Dad & Legacy, the Mom) while I was there. Even got to meet one of his Grandpas, Murphy. Murphy is a BIG boy, as is Oz. Oz is still filling out too, but probably sits around 80lbs or so. Murphy walks around at an easy 90lbs of solid muscle.

Not sure if he'll be joining me at Fontana just yet. It is quite a long road trip for such a small guy. If anyone else is looking for a boxer, he does have 4 brothers and 3 sisters available still.

I still haven't decided on a name at the moment, but have whittled it down to about 8 at this point. Think I'll wait till I get to know him a bit before I settle on one, though.

Couple of other gratuitous doggo pics of the parents and granddads...

Momma with her pups...
    [​IMG]

Murphy the maternal Grandpa...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oz, the Dad...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oz's dad.....
    [​IMG]

Anyway, just figured I'd drop in and say "Hi" to all you misfits! Don't worry I'll keep the puppy pics contained in this thread, once he arrives.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful pup Savvy. He looks like he'll definitely be ready for a trip to The Dragon next year.
    I just adopted a new rescue dog to fill the void left after my 13 year old Yorkie passed a couple weeks ago.

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    What a great looking dog! Dogs are great to have around!

4. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    I'm jealous... My wife won't let me have a dog...even if one follows me home. :) I guess 3 birds and 2 cats is enough...

5. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    I have a dog, a yellow lab, he is friendly with a couple of other dogs in the neighborhood. My neighborhood is at the end of a mile long dead end road, out in the sticks, it is a twenty minute drive to get to town. The neighborhood dogs are kind of free range. When the UPS truck comes, my dog and the two other dogs will sit next to the UPS truck's door and wait patiently for a treat, the UPS drivers always carry dog treats. Then they follow the truck to the next house and do it again. On a good day they can mooch three or four snacks off of the UPS guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Four years ago, we found an English Golden or White/Cream Golden Retriever, we do love our dogs, the become more family and light up your home.

Congratulations, great coloring, the brindle must be dominant, you will like an 80 lb foot warmer. :)

Don

7. Savvy

Savvy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Apr 16, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer/DA Civilian
    DE
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 0 / -0
    Not familiar with boxers, are ya?! They rarely settle for their people's feet. Even the well trained ones, can't comprehend that your "personal space bubble" isn't for sharing with them. They are definitely giant, slobbery, lap dogs.

8. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    All the better!