Jamestown Run - Saturday, April 16

Discussion in 'MidCal MINIs' started by MINIEOR, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SRTech

SRTech Club Coordinator

Aug 30, 2009
    Mini Cooper Service & Repair
    Oakhurst, CA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What? You want to take up residence?:lol: Hopefully, lunch won't take two hours like last year so we'll have plenty of time.:Thumbsup:

Steve

2. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Well don't matter to us as we are going to my bros house until later anyway.

3. riversong

riversong New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Coarsegold, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The longer drive looks interesting. I'm sure we can all wait an extra hour for lunch without any ill effects.

4. willum

willum New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few years back, Terri and I drove down Bear Valley Rd to Hornitos from hwy 49. From what I remember (I'm old and have CRS:Thumbsup:) it was a pretty fun ride eventhough it was in her VW EOS convertible and not the mini. We plan on being in Oakhurst by 9/9:15 to meet up with everyone...:D

5. MINIEOR

MINIEOR Club Coordinator

Sep 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Wow the difference a few day make! We now have 30 people who have sent in RSVPs! That means as of now 18 cars! We are on our way to breaking the record for most cars on this run! We only need a few more!!! See you all next week!!!!!!!

Tina

6. HIBSFAN

HIBSFAN New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We vote for the longer route :D

7. gatekper

gatekper New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    instructor/ retired
    Visalia, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That route looks good to me ..It almost looks like the route I was routed through when I went up to Columbia to the Rv park, and that was with a 32 ft 5th wheel behind me...LOL lots of fun but really a nice scenery.

8. Tron Chief

Tron Chief "Need More Coffee"
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Maintenance Supervisor Del Monte, retired 30 year
    Lemoore California
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Guess I'll have to bring a thermos of Coffee for the longer route or risk having the low Coffee light go on :D :crazy: :D

9. SRTech

SRTech Club Coordinator

Aug 30, 2009
    Mini Cooper Service & Repair
    Oakhurst, CA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    We'll need more restroom breaks!:lol:

10. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Aren't there restrooms at the boat launch on Hwy 49 at the Merced River (Bagby Cyn.)? If so, that may suffice....... :beer Other than that we could stop at Coulterville or Moccasin.
    Hell, some of us might need 'em all.........:lol:

11. Mrs Jiminni

Mrs Jiminni New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Insurance Claims
    California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Or just hook up an IV to an oversized hot mug!

12. nadinaypurplemini

nadinaypurplemini New Member

Yay I'm so excited! I guess I'm going to have to wear diapers on the drive there:lol: Peppery sounds awesome!

13. MINIEOR

MINIEOR Club Coordinator

Sep 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am so excited I can hardly wait!!!!! My favorit run is almost here. Will be a little different with Zoie there this year but I know I will still enjoy it!!!!!! see u all soon!!!!!!

14. cop1406

cop1406 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Oink Oink
    Sonora, CA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here is a picture to get you even more excited. I did the run this week and it was fabulous. Snow on the mountain peaks and wildflowers blooming. You guys are going to have so much fun..
    [​IMG][/IMG]

15. willum

willum New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We maybe running a little late......some quick "hunny do's" before departing Modesto. If we aren't at the Mariposa fairgrounds by the time you get there we will be waiting at the turn off from hwy 140 and Hornitos Rd.:smilewinkgrin:

16. PDQMINI

PDQMINI New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'll be at the Park & Ride 41 & 145 at 8:30.

I'll hook up there.

17. Tron Chief

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Lemoore California
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Time to fill up the tanks and hit the road for the rally points to start our run :D See everyone in a few hours :Thumbsup:

18. Tron Chief

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Lemoore California
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Great time with perfect weather. I have started an album where we can share our pictures this is the link to up load down load etc. and as always if you have any questions please ask.

MobileMe Gallery

19. riversong

riversong New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Coarsegold, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tina, thanks for putting together another great run. Beautiful day, good food, excellent scenery, amazing friends, & enjoyed the ice cream. :Thumbsup:

20. Kikimowse

Kikimowse Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    #60 Kikimowse, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
    Thank you MidCal family for another wonderful adventure. Both "the Dad" and MINI were tuckered out by the time we got home so I fed them and put them both to bed early. Bitzie was already home from work giving Coop a bath and MINI took one look and decided that she would just go to bed dirty. (Actually she probably would have like to have had a bath, it was really me that just did not have the energy!) :lol:

I uploaded the few pictures that we took along the way (thanks for the album Tron Chief) but I did leave out the one that Dad took of his thumb.

Dad had a blast, so thank you everyone for welcoming him into the group. I am still trying to talk him into a MINI of his own with an eye on the two-seater coupe coming out next year, so work with me gang. :drool

Krissy's big day at Bitzie's office doing tax returns wore him out too. Napping on top of a filing cabinet is how he rounded out his afternoon.

Thank you all again for a fantastic time. Special thanks to Tina for exceptional coordination, Dusty for the great route, Jiminni for suggesting The Peppery, and of course all of those that led our little group of MINIs which gave lots of folks an extra smile as we passed by. :D

Krissy at work during run.JPG