Looks great - Minis are fun cars!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Looks good. Love the black (roof, grill, stripes), it's a great contrast on Pure Silver. Megan catback is a nice choice. I have the same intake and shifter; love 'em both!

You probably already know this but you should take your time and do plenty of research before you make any suspension choices, esp. if you're going to drop the kind of cash you'll spend on coilovers. I think I would do the sway bar and end links first while you think about going further. Also hold off on camber plates until you decide whether to go to coilovers since some of them come with their own camber plates.

3. well ive already decided to get me some vmaxx coilovers. its actually a great deal for the price, a true bang for your buck product. and some people may be skeptical about the whole "you get what you paid for" idea, but honestly, as long as it drops my car then i'll be happy and entirely satisfied. the vmaxxs drops pertty low too, 2.7 inches in the front and 2.3 in the back. and i dont plan on autocrossing or tracking often anyways, not even soon for that matter, so the vmaxx will be a perfect addition to my car. its much more affordable than everything else i've seen, even all the used ones i see on MU or Nam.

thanks for the compliments!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    #5 Steve, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    Good choice! I assume you've already read Ryephile's review, but if you haven't seen it you'll want to; click here.

Also remember to set up an MA Garage and put all that stuff about your MINI in there. :Thumbsup:

5. R50 Paul

R50 Paul New Member

May 5, 2009
    Covina, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great looking Cooper JB!

6. #7 jbkoopa, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    thanks man! :)
    btw, just used the roaming post feature for the latest 2 pics.
    pertty cool man.

7. just installed me a blackout belt line kit from Outmotoring.com
    and it just looks great on then car.
    no more long chrome line to bug the black/silver look
    :cornut:

8. updated pics of car as it currently is. slammed as low as possible, though i want to go lower in the front, i cannot because my inner tire wall is rubbing major against the springs and perches, so im running 3mm spacers in the front only just to get the front low enough to look good without any rubbing issues.

thread length left:
    .5" thread in the rear
    .75" front passenger
    1.25" driver

9. updated pics of car as it currently is. slammed as low as possible, though i want to go lower in the front, i cannot because my inner tire wall is rubbing major against the springs and perches, so im running 3mm spacers in the front only just to get the front low enough to look good without any rubbing issues.

thread length left:
    .5" thread in the rear
    .75" front passenger
    1.25" driver

10. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    What did you use to black out your grill before adding the aero upper? I have been working on doing the same to mine with limited results. I currently have gheto fiber tape on there and am planning to remove that and switch to electrical tape for the next attempt.

11. i used:

sand paper (to sand down the grill)
    gloss black paint (you only need like 1 can)

then after 2 coats of gloss black paint, i applied clear to protect the paint from any chips.
    the process isn't tedious or hard at all, it's just a bit time consuming.
    :D