July Cooper Flags MINI of the Month Voting

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jun 11, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Vote for July MINI of the Month

Poll closed Jun 22, 2009.
  1. track-toy

38 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Molly

32 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Black Sapphire

34 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. Boo

65 vote(s)
    35.7%
  5. orangecrush

13 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. oldskool

oldskool New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 23, 2009
    bothering nathan
    i live in florida.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The red one...

Well, for some reason it says i cant vote...but if you are going for a pure visual statement , with a very coherent look..Im gonna have to swallow the red pill. That is a mean looking thing to see approaching in your mirror..hats off to the owner, nice job!..The rest are all very nice.(and all worthy of being a ride of the month)..it would be great to see an apple to apple comparison chart of each. The orange crush body kit is nice with (from the camera prospective) a good fit and finish...All are very nice...but i am still gonna have to go with the red pill....lol
    and..thanks to nathan for the brake cooling info for my rice....as usual extremely helpful....(currently fabricating the brackets)

2. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Might as well put in a plug for orangecrush, Mark's car, because he's being uncharacteristically modest. :lol:

I saw it up close during a track weekend at Roebling Road a couple months ago. Flawless paint and very clean mods are the highlights. Those smoked taillights look really good in person (ask him about the process sometime), and even the small details like the painted headlight rings are attended to with care. The OZ wheels are pretty sweet, too.

Oh yeah, and did I mention it's fast? 09 JCW with a tune and some breathing mods - yeah, it pulls.

3. BlackSapphire

BlackSapphire New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's very kind of you :) I just dropped the rear end about another 1/8" to try to level it out a bit more. It's definitely a sea of red!

Today, I also swapped out the Alta LCAs and put Texas Speedwerks LCAs in their place.

4. orangecrush

orangecrush New Member

May 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #44 orangecrush, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Hey Ben, I see you're still working on that sense of humor.... almost there... :cornut:

Perhaps I should have given you the wave by so you could see how good the front end looked too :D

Seriously, thanks for the props bud. The car should be much faster now with RMW's tune.

I'm definitely ready for the track. I bought another set of OZ wheels in 18's for the street and I'm turning my 17's in for the track. (at 14.2 lbs each, they'll do just fine)

I also picked up a set of carbotech pads. 8's and 10's (I'm running the 8's and a set of bobcat's on the front for the street) and stainless steel brake lines.

I think the most important mod was the Forge intercooler. I think that'll work great at the track.

I'm making my own GP style wing at work, I'm almost done.... I hear a good looking wing is good for 20-30 WHP so we'll see... :D

Hope to catch up with ya soon. There's a Darkside event in Nov. I'm going to be signing up for. I can only assume you have already signed up for it? I know Gordon has.

Talk to you soon.

Mark

5. tommy_zito

tommy_zito New Member

May 18, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow....why do i feel like things kinda turned out....weird....:rolleyes:

6. NC TRACKRAT

NC TRACKRAT New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Retired
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What's the procedure for putting a car up for nomination? And how do you vote?

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    In short...

Nominations are open the 1st-10th of the month, PM me with your nominations. Poll goes up from 11th to 21st of the month. There will be a new announcement later today.

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    This now over...closing the thread.