Just Joined

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by skippydog, Nov 25, 2009.

1. skippydog

skippydog New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

Nathan messaged me that he had this site and he was wondering if I could put a link on my site back to here. All I can say is damn this forum is setup way nicer than than most of the Mini Forums! Hopefully my link back will help grab some attention. I will try to be active in here as much as I can.

Lil background:

I was a performance parts shop owner about two years ago. I had to close it up when I moved out to cali. I am a computer engineer now with still a huge car love(wish I was still running my shop). I just purchased my 09 MCS about a month ago.

I currently run Mini Cooper Speed. My goal with the site is in no way to compete with any of the forums or vendors but to provide a centralized how-to/diy archive for the Mini Cooper. I am hoping to increase the amount of articles by using community support. I am attempting to provide free parts in a drawing to get people a little more ambitious to get the articles up.

If you are a member of this forum and have a diy article or news on here that you can copy onto the site please do. However, I want you do post on my site please post a big link back to this forum to provide the traffic this site deserves. Nathan looks like he worked very hard to get this going and I would like to provide him with quality traffic back to the site.

If your interested in free parts and posting articles check out the link below.

Free Mini Cooper Parts

Nathan if this is out of line of what I am allowed to post just let me know and remove my post freely.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Very cool, welcome to M/A!

3. skippydog

skippydog New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Im glad to be here. Im still poking around on the site and checking everything out.

4. welcome!
    have fun here on MA, it's an awesome forum
    :)

5. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks like a nice site well have to do an article on stripe installation for you to add. Im no writer though it will end up more like directions Im afraid lol.
    Ill give it a shot and send it to you soon.
    Welcome to the site!

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for registering. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

7. skippydog

skippydog New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be happy to have one that you wrote up on the site. You dont even need to send it to me personally. Just go to the homepage and register. You will have immediate access to make your own post right on the site. There is a nice editor that will let you do formatting and insert your own pictures. If you need a hand just let me know. You will be the first editor on there. Pretty good odds at getting the free part!

Scott

8. skippydog

skippydog New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For those of you who could not publish there how-to on the site it has been now resolved. Please feel free to login and create a how-to.

After you login Mini Cooper Speed Log In
    click the button on the left that says post.
    then click add new.

Let me know if you have any ?s

9. minichef

minichef New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    Am a newbe over here. been a long time over on NAM. this looks like a fun spot:Thumbsup:

10. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Good to see you here, welcome to M/A!

11. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome and it is a lot better than NAM :)

12. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! MINI Cooper Speed sounds like a great idea that everyone can benefit from. :Thumbsup:

13. skippydog

skippydog New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Everyone! So far I feel very welcome. Im glad you are all open to the idea!