1st Gen "How To" Gen1 Justacooper Exhaust System Reference

phplN6S1D.jpg
I am a proud first generation Cooper (non-S) owner and I’ve spent a lot of time and energy looking for a replacement exhaust system I could be...
By Steve · Feb 3, 2018 ·
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I have an OBX on mine. True, it was cheap, in fact it was cheaper than having it coated. I think the coating plus the high-flow cat together might have been nearly twice the price of the header.....

Not sure what sort of trouble you'd be asking for other than adding volume to whatever exhaust note you have now. I had my Justa sounding exactly the way I wanted it both in quality and quantity and for some reason completely spaced on the potential affect of replacing the stock header. Fortunately the OBX didn't change the quality of the sound by much but it did up the volume.

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Did you notice any extra umph?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think so.....

Of course it might have been the wishful thinking factor kicking in. I've never had it tested.

Like suspension changes that can make a car "feel" faster, the add'l sporty sound and vibration (thanks to an engine damper) are tactile sensory boosts that definitely make it feel like it's pulling harder...even if it isn't.

In other words, it felt stronger right away but without evidence it's all subjective. I'm happy with the change.

4. RallyMini370

RallyMini370 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Central America
    Ratings:
    +1,587 / 0 / -0
    NAM sucks, that's why I moved here. I'll looking to do a twin tail pipe set up for my MC.

5. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    There was a black Justa on MTTS in Nashville and Louisville with a damn good sounding exhaust. I never got a chance to talk to the owner, but it was a decent size tailpipe off the muffler. Not like an import fart can or anything, but probably 2-2 1/2 inches. Really sounded mellow. Sorry, I don't remember the what state the license plate said either. Hopefully someone here knows.