Kancamagus Highway drive!

Discussion in 'Kancamagus Highway Drive - (August 20, 2011)' started by panaphobic, Aug 8, 2011.

1. panaphobic

panaphobic Club Coordinator

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I will be up on the Kancamagus Highway on Saturday, August 20th to do a nice scenic drive. This is a birthday present to myself and I know the NEMINI Ice Cream run is this same weekend, but I really want to go back up to the Kancamagus Highway and take a drive. I will be doing a drive from Lincoln, NH to Conway, NH along the Kancamagus Highway and then a return trip back. I plan to depart Laconia Savings Bank at 76 Main Street (112/Kancamagus Highway), Lincoln, NH at 1:00pm. It is in a little convenience plaza that has the last traffic light on Main Street before it turns into the Kancamagus Highway. I figure if there is a decent turn out, we can wait at the light and use it to pull out onto the road in a group. I hope to get a decent turnout but I'll be up there even if it's just me. I hope to see a couple MINIs show up!

If you are a facebook user, click this link to be taken to the events page for this drive, also take a minute and check out the MINIs of Boston page.

2. panaphobic

panaphobic Club Coordinator

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So basically, this is the plan:

• Meet up at Laconia Savings Bank, Lincoln, NH around 12:30pm
    • Turn right onto 112/Kancamagus at 1:00pm, drive for 15 minutes to the Hairpin Scenic Overlook on the right. (10 minutes for photos)
    • Continue the drive for another 5 minutes to the next scenic overlook on the right. (10 minutes for photos)
    • Continue down the Kancamagus for 30 minutes to the end
    • Turn around on the circle road at the end of the Kancamagus and regroup
    • Turn right onto the Kancamagus and drive for 15 minutes to Bear Notch/Albany Rd
    • Turn Right onto Bear Notch/Albany Rd and drive 10 minutes to scenic overlook on the right side after the big right-hand turn. (10 minutes for photos)
    • Continue down Bear Notch/Albany Rd for another 10 minutes to the end of the road
    • Turn around at the pull-off on the right and regroup
    • Turn left onto Bear Notch/Albany Rd and drive for 20 minutes back to the Kancamagus
    • Turn right onto the Kancamagus and drive for about 15 minutes to the next scenic overlook (about 2 miles past Lily Pond)
    • Continue down the Kancamagus for another 20 minutes and end at Udderly Delicious Ice Cream of the right in Lincoln

So if this goes according to plan, we should be leaving Laconia Savings Bank at 1:00pm and arriving at Udderly Delicious Ice Cream around 4pm. The overall drive will only be about 85 miles. If you want to come along, by all means do it! I'll be going either way but having a group of MINIs would be awesome!

Here's the route if you want to look at it on a map:

Google Maps directions