kathymays

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by kathymays, Apr 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kathymays

kathymays New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mini Clubs in Myrtle Beach. We just purchased our first Mini and have been reading about all the clubs and fun events. I am sorry to find there are no clubs in or near Myrtle.
    Where would begin if I wanted to start a club?.
    Thanks ,
    Kathy

2. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    First name your club, then get it setup on here in this section Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums - Club Registration it says allow two days but with MOTD going on it might be longer. Talk to other MINI owners in the area or get some cards made up with the club info and start handing them out to people in the area and go from there.
    That is kind of what I did with Midlands Mini Motoring here in Columbia area. It had fell off and I threw it out there and we are still building it. It is a tough to do but you will have a few regulars and then others that drop by from time to time.
    if you need any help let me know, I will do what I can to help you out.
    Rick

3. kathymays

kathymays New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Rick,
    I was hoping to meet other club members near, but can't seem to find anything about the Charleston club. I think it is called the low country club but it does not seem to be very active. I am hoping to go to Fla. in Sept. for the Mickey and Mini event maybe I will be able to meet others from SC.
    Thanks for your reply,
    Kathy mays

4. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    They have their own website so they don't use the forums much. I will see if I can find it for you.

5. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Meetup.com is also a great tool for starting up a new club. Gives you really simple to use website with events and can even take credit cards for event fees. PittStopMINI still uses it even though we are a rather large club.

You might also want to see if there is a local BMW club to join too. They're usually very welcoming to MINIs - at least the pittburgh area one is.