Most liked posts in thread: Keep the Mini S Lites ?

1. phydeaux

phydeaux New Member

May 5, 2009
    Maple Valley, WA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I run ASA AR-1 spring-fall, and S-Lites in the winter. Current tires are Potenza RE760's for not-quite-so-wet months, and Blizzak LM-25's from Nov-Apr.

2. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Kinda depends on where in Nevada you live and where you like to drive; what's an appropriate tire for Vegas might not be in Reno, for example.

Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with the S lites, especially as you already have them and you're not planning to track the car.

3. UKXPAT

UKXPAT New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Living in DFW I had no real need for a 'winter' wheel, so that didn't come into the equation for me. I am so glad I swapped from the 'S' lites. I went with a 14lb Kosei racing wheel. That was a saving of over 10lbs per corner in unsprung weight, plus I swapped those heavy run flats for normal tires. Saving that much unsprung weight makes a BIG difference in handling in my experience, especially when you have to drive over loads of pot holes, which is the norm for DFW! You'll really notice the difference.

4. cheezeit

cheezeit New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    DFW
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the same boat, except I have both the r90's and s-lites. I love the fact that I have the JCW wheels to match the car, but I think it would probably be best to get a lighter set.