Brakes Wheels 2nd Gen Tires Konig Wheels?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Dwight, Apr 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Got a line on a super deal for Konig's Britelite wheels, but need some independent info before plunging. I've heard Konig is a pretty reputable outfit. True? The wheels do have a lifetime structural warranty. Currently have 215X45 tires on OEM Webs with 48 offset. The Britelite's have a 40 offset. Will this cause a clearance/wheel bearing problem? Really like the looks, but most important is the 6.1lbs weight savings/wheel. Appreciate any help. Thanks :smilewinkgrin: !

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Please post some picks. I would be cautious about how much you read into the lifetime structural warranty. I would make an educated guess that it will not cover damage from potholes. Also, lifetime usually means as long as the company makes that product. So if they stop making that model next year, your warranty is effectively over.

3. Vader

Vader New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I would say the quality of Konig wheels is excellent. I use Konig 'Holes' wheels on my track MINI. I have been running these since 2005 with no problems at all. I currently have 3.5 sets (14 wheels). They have been run extensively on and sometimes off the track and have performed well. I did damage the rim on one once when I had a blowout in a medium speed corner and the tire came off the rim. Considering that situation, the wheel held together just fine.

4. Dwight

Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info guys. Probably off to Long Beach tomorrow in the rain (?) to get them. Here's a really sorry pic, but best I could come up with right now. Better pics after install. :Thumbsup:

Attached Files:

5. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have 17X7" Konig Feathers as my track wheels ... no problems to report as of yet.

6. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dwight
    I have Konig Feathers on my 05 mcs,
    many sprited runs, 1 track day and some of the worst roads in No Cal and
    so far no probs.
    Konig was/is a reputable wheel company with autobahn ratings back in the day.
    mine were made in china :(
    do experience a light rub w 215x45x17 when i have 2 passengers,
    my answer is only have 1 passenger, ha ha.
    lets see pics when installed
    boxcars

7. Doggybags

Doggybags New Member

May 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Re: Rubbing

You should have no problems on an R56 with rubbing on that size.

Like boxcars, I have an R53 and I do get some rubbing with 215/45's with passengers and sometimes alone under more extreme driving conditions (stock sport suspension). I have the Konig Twilites (also 40 offset) and they have been great so far except for a slightly bent rim after I hit a NASTY pothole, so it could have been much worse.

8. Wikedmini

Wikedmini MINI of the Month - December 2009

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I miss my Konigs

9. Dwight

Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks several tons guys :Thumbsup:. Ordered the Britelites this AM, go get them Wednesday, Wheel Wax'em that nite and mount them Thurs. Best of all, I'll get to test/show'em off on a WCM run Sun! Also, you'll get pics whether you want'em or not :lol:! BTW, you guy's taste in wheel style is near perfect, ie; same as mine LOL. :yesnod: :devil:

10. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    dwight,
    so sorry, i forgot to say
    i am lowered 3/4 inch on TSW springs so not sure if you are lowered or not, but if not should be no prob.
    boxcars

11. Dwight

Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    GOT'EM!! Feeling pretty smug right now, too! Especially after all the guys at the mounting shop came over to look at them and said how cool they looked. That's OK, but the 6.25lbs less weight/corner I could feel even on the short trip home. :Thumbsup:

Attached Files:

12. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut:I experienced that same feeling when I changed tires/wheels. When I got home I checked under the car to make sure that they hadn't also changed my shocks/springs/swaybars. The handling/ride/acceleration were considerably better and the only change was decreasing the unsprung weight.:Thumbsup: Jason

13. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    great choice
    great look
    boxcars