Entertainment Electronics 2nd Gen KUDA mount for GPS on R56

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by SK8BRD, May 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SK8BRD

SK8BRD New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm lucky enough to live near the warehouse for KUDA, they make a great mount for your GPS/sat radio for the R56. I picked one up at the warehouse and was informed that the included instructions were less than stellar. Understatement of the year. But he also let me know that unixgal had posted some much better instrutions on another site. I went there and got some good tips, but ran into a couple stumbling blocks.

First, you don't need to take out the whole vent, just two little dohickeys that cover the screws above the speedo. Here's a pic showing them removed and placed on either side of the flasher switch.

[​IMG]

Second, after getting those screws out, how do you get them back in? My first idea was to attach the screw to the T20 driver with candle wax. This worked like a charm on the first screw. Second one, not so much. I ended up putting the second screw on the end of the magnetic retriever that I bought to reduce the number of square words on this project. I fed it down into the hole and twisted and it stuck.

Here are some pics. In real life the mount is plastic, and is covered with leather that matches the dash. Looks OEM, and puts my NUVI in a great postion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]