Most liked posts in thread: Lauzière leads the championship behind the wheel of the GoFast Sports MINI Cooper S

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    That's the sort of write-up I've been Googling for. I knew Alain took the championship lead (!!!!) and I read about the great run with the new car but couldn't find the rest of the details.

By the way (since it's not entirely clear) where it says "Because of the driver change, Dion-Viens started from the back of the field..." this is for the second race, and it was a large Touring class field so starting from the back means he ran from 28th to 3rd in a 30 minute race! I guess that new car is working pretty well. :Thumbsup:

2. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Wow.....another great result for MINI's this wekend.

3. jpropane

jpropane New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nathan for posting!

Schedule has been hectic as of late.

Simon drove a wonderful race and started +/- ~32nd or so overall and finished 15th overall, 3rd in class.

The car works great even if we are still chasing power steering issues.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I see the new car doesn't have a rear wing. Given how well it's working as-is, are you planning to leave it that way?

5. jpropane

jpropane New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Rules are changing next year and they are not allowing wings. It wasn't worth insatlling one for 2 races. We'll put an O.E. back on. I just have to decide which one.