Live from the Inaugural B-Spec Grand Am Race

Discussion in 'B-Spec MINI' started by Blainestang, Apr 26, 2012.

1. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Ernie F Jr. is 14-yrs old. the kid can flat out drive. dad drove the car to a win, but Jr. is faster. i wish my father's sperm contained that much talent and/or $$$.

2. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The rain definitely made it interesting! haha

This was a completely crazy race. That race recap doesn't even come CLOSE to listing all the off-track excursions that happened due to the track conditions. I know for certain that the 68 car (the driver's age!) went off track at least 4 times... and he knows the track and how to drive it, at least in normalish conditions. He had the 2nd and 3rd fastest lap times in the first and second practices, respectively.

In fact, I had no idea what the caution was for when it happened. I figured they were taking the #48 car off the track or something. That car died in the FIRST CORNER SERIES of the FIRST LAP! I figured it was water related (hydrolock/wet MAF), but not sure.

I don't know if it's just them, or if it's partly the Mazda, but they were way faster than anyone else in practice/qualifying. They were ~1.6 seconds faster than anybody else each time, so we figured that with that car on the pole, it would be over immediately, but the rain definitely made it interesting.