Lolla :: 2005 MINI Cooper

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by FranticFreddy, May 24, 2012.

1. FranticFreddy

FranticFreddy Drive-N-Eat
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Some Where between here and there.
    Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Lolla :: 2005 MINI Cooper (2012-05-24 11:11:43)

2. FranticFreddy

FranticFreddy Drive-N-Eat
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Some Where between here and there.
    Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    It has been a long time since I have posted here,
    The updates for Lolla, ( my daughter named her) is the following. After a year of not being able to pass the NJ inspection because it won't give a ready light she is off to Helix as a matter of last resort.
    After sitting for awhile she developed a problem with a bad OBD connection and the computer would not connect. That was a result of a corroded connection. From there it just would not give a green light. Then the alternator froze up a prevented the car from starting at all. That was fixed but it still sat for quite a while. The last thing was the muffler fell off.
    Now.....you are thinking to yourself.......Why? Why are you going through with this and spending money on a car that is worth about 2K running?
    The answer........ I will never find another car I like as much as this......along with my R53. If I were to buy one on the used market who says I won't have the same problems....or worse.
    All I can say is I am sticking with the Devil I know instead of the devil I no nothing about.

I welcome your comments.

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Well, it's been awhile since you have posted here, so, WELCOME BACK, Freddy! It's always good to see a familiar face again.

Stay the course here in M/A. We have a crapload of Gen 1 owners here who can and WILL offer their 2c. LOL We'll get you straightened out, although MY help will be very limited...I just turn the key and start the car. If it doesn't start, then, it's off to my mechanic or someone here who can offer the suggestions I need. That said, I will never part with my MINIs...until I croak, that is.

4. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agree on the Welcome back! You come at a good time as we are really working to update a few things... and more importantly, there are tons of Gen 1 folks here who know there stuff. While I have a Gen 2, I can say I will have a Gen 1 some day also. Once its back from Helix I'm sure it will be good to go. That said, I'm a sucker for the one you know verse.... :D

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Stick with your Mini. After you get it all sorted out you will be happy.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Besides, we old farts need another old fart to join us and add HIS 2c to the mix! :Devilish: :Cigar: :Thumbsup: