Pre Migration M/A partners with eBay Local Classified to list your MINI

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Nathan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    When the time comes to sell you MINI and you want to list it on M/A you now have the option to cross post the listing on eBay as well. When you open a new For Sale thread for MINIs, not for parts or services, you will get an option to also list in eBay Local Classifieds at no charge. You do need to have an eBay account but if you don't have one currently you do have the option or creating one on the fly. Just follow all the prompts and list your MINI.

Disclosure, when you do use the eBay option the site makes $5.

2. RonsMinnie

RonsMinnie New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 28, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Good idea -- and I am glad MA may make a buck -- good finances makes managing easier.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    After many fits and starts including the tech guy I was working with moving from Chi to Cali this finally works.

So what does this mean...

When you go to list a MINI for sale a window pops up asking if you want to list it on ebay as well. Clicking yes will send you to another pop up window where you have to log into ebay and agree to share the listing. It it totally opt in on your part and there is no cost to you to have the vehicle listed on eBay as well as here on M/A. Once you agree you select the category and vehicle brand/model. From there the screen is back on M/A and you post as usual.

Why would you want to list on ebay as well as M/A. Two reasons, you broaden the market reached and M/A makes $5 for your listing on ebay.

If the sale is consummated via the ebay system you pay ebay their standard vehicle sale fee. If not, there is absolutely no cost to you.

4. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Ooohahhh.... it almost makes me feel like selling a car. Almost...

5. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    What is Ebay's standard car selling fee? Is it a percentage or a straight cost?

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Straight cost..

Sells for $2000 or less - $60 to ebay

Sells for $2000.01 or more - $125 to ebay