Pre Migration MA Spotter Cards

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Steve, Aug 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Spotter cards! Get your Motoring Alliance spotter cards here!

What's that? You've never heard of spotter cards?

Ok, here's the deal. You stow a few in your glove box and when you spot a MINI parked somewhere you take out a card, write your MA username on the back, tuck the card under the wiper (or any other conspicuous place) and then motor away.

Hopefully the owner will decide to visit MA (note the subtle and inconspicuous URL on the back of the card) and become a member, and you'll end up with more people on MA from your local area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're high quality cards (don't let my lousy pics fool you), coated and shiny on the front but you can write on the back. In order to see whether there's any actual interest in these things, we're offering the first run at near cost -- rounding down in your favor and for simplicity -- at 10 cents a card (plus shipping, which will vary since you'll only pay actual).

If you're interested, send me a pm telling me how many you want and where to ship them and I'll figure the shipping and give you a total. Thanks!

2. Commander Dan

Commander Dan New Member

May 13, 2009
    Medical Equipment Service
    Alpharetta, GA
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Atlanta MINIs uses cards like these, and they're GREAT!!

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think one of these was included in a package I got from DT not too long ago and I've been holding onto it in the off chance another MINI winds up in the area. I'll probably place an order for a handful later down the road, they're a great idea.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Chad at Detroit Tuned has non-spotter version of these. The same but different as in the spotter version is not coated on the spotter side so you can write on it.

Thanks to the kind folks in MINI5280 I think there was a spotter card in all the swag bags they handed out on registration.

The design is by Tüls and Rally. Thanks to Steve for printing and handling the spotter cards.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I used a bunch of the old NAM spotter cards around here a few years ago (still have a couple hundred of them). There are more NAM members than you would expect from this part of MD.....but maybe that's just a coincidence.....

I put a couple MA cards on MINIs in the last week or two. It's always fun to tag and leave before the owner comes back. You have no idea how he/she will react and you may never find out, but you write your username on the back of the card, so you never know.....

6. Norm03s

Norm03s New Member

May 5, 2009
    Working at being retired.
    Somewhere in Sykesville. Md.
    Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good idea.

7. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Tis always a good idea to share MA with a fellow MINI owner.

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Spotter Cards are now available from the M/A Store.

9. howsoonisnow1985

howsoonisnow1985 New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Inmate
    Santa Cruz County Jail
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got one from an order from TSW