MAG Building New Mini Dealership

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by CHKMINI, Dec 14, 2012.

1. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I was at MAG MINI yesterday and they had the artist rendering of their new MINI dealership on display. It will be a stand alone building located on the Perimeter Loop campus where the Porsche, Audi, Ferarri, Lamborgini, and Land Rover stores are. They are building a new stand alone BMW store there as well. Scheduled opening is fall 2013.

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, one of my customers is located close by... Last time I was in the area I noticed signs on the new MINI location. They were leveling out the farmers field with earth moving equipment.

3. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Very cool. Cant wait to see it.

[​IMG]

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Salesman Chad left a message on my phone asking why I had not used the $750 off coupon I have on a new MINI. Guess they need folks to pay for the new building. Guess MINI screwed up & built me a MINI that's too good. Hasn't worn out yet so no new MINI is needed. :D

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    oh no.....now Monica or Dave are going to chime in and say that it is because itsa R53 :biggrin5:

6. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Well......can't argue with that. :)

7. sethat46

sethat46 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I hope they also reconsider who works in their service department. Whatever woman is over there right now; name beginning with an "A" (I forgot already). Is a real piece of work. I've encountered her twice and wanted to say many derogatory words. She has no car knowledge and wants me to make an appointment for just about everything. I went there for my driving light issue; I cannot figure out how the clips go in that hold the light. I shouldn't have to make an appointment for that nonsense. She's was rude to me when I was in there asking and so I walk on past her to the parts desk and they were about to walk out to my car with me and she pokes her fat face out from behind her desk/computer and yells that I have to make an appointment. What kind of customer service is that?

8. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: I think that it's all about the MONEY. You make an appointment and you're more likely to be charged a fee. Right or wrong, there it is.:Thumbsup:

Jason

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Thats unusual for Amber, she dos a very good job from my experience.

10. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Never had a problem with Amber....
    She always goes out of her way for me...
    She must like me....:D

11. sethat46

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I'll mark it up as a bad day or perhaps I rubbed her the wrong way. I was friendly as usual so I don't know who would find my smiling face to be something less than satisfactory:devil:. Maybe they just don't like young people driving nice cars?:biggrin5: But I figure that it is just a light bulb and it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to figure out with a diagram and doesn't call the need for an appointment. I think it really just made me mad when I was about to receive help and she told someone that was about to give me great customer service to not give me any customer service.
    I called MINI of Bedford aka eminiparts on here and they are figuring it out from a few states away.... now that's customer service. Just received an email from them so problem should be solved soon enough.

12. Douglas H

Douglas H Active Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Westerville OH
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I wonder what her version of your story looks like.

My experience has been excellent and amazing customer focus/service.

I would give her a second chance and speak with her about your experience.

She is really nice!!! I swear.

13. sethat46

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't rude. From what I recall I was normally pleasant to her. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

14. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    #14 wmwny, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Amber is about the nicest MINI service tech MAG has ever had. Perhaps she was having a bad day and you made it worse...for both of you. I've taken both of my MINIs there and she has always been straightup and professional with me. She's tops in my book, FWIW.

15. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I think we all can have a bad day from time to time.... No big deal....

16. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Sorry....something is wrong here. Amber Wood is the best MINI Service Rep...period. Fact-When she left MAG about a year ago to go to the Lexus Store, the customers at MAG made so much ruckus that MAG stole her back. I was so happy I sent her flowers on behalf of MoM.
    Seth, the bad day doesn't exist with Amber from what I know of her.

17. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    SO far my two experiences with her will follow Seth's. Somewhat rude and a rules nazi.

18. sethat46

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Bad day or not. She was rude. I received a message from a member here confirming she does indeed have an attitude. Perhaps it was bc I didn't have an appointment nonetheless it was a quick fix that I wanted addressed and she did not provide me satisfactory customer service. She didn't grant any flexibility it was a stern "make an appointment for next week." I work customer service/sales as well, I know how to handle customers and I know there are rules to be followed but there are times, and this was one of them, where you say you know what let me get someone out there real quick and take a look and if it is something that needs addressed more thoroughly then make an appointment. Defend her all you want but I was not pleased and I definitely am not a difficult customer.

19. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Yep, defend her I shall. I live 70 miles from MAG one way, and have stopped in on the spur of the moment for work. Amber has never dissed me. Moreover, she has been very accommodating and has tried to get me in. Unfortunately, sometimes I have had to come back after getting an appointment because there were no openings, but, so what? I applaud her for her patience, having to deal with customers who just won't take "no" for an answer, and I am glad I am not one of them.

20. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Seth, let me see if I've got this right.....my car is in the shop being worked on with an appointment but you don't need to make an appointment and they should quit working on my car to accommodate you. Sounds like an instant gratification, me generation request. I have a problem with that!