Most liked posts in thread: MC2 magazine out of business?

1. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    All speculation aside, I just got those back-issue magazines I ordered from Barry in today's US Mail. Only a 2 -3 day turn around. I'm pleased!

Let's wish them well and hope for the best... :beer

2. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    It's just too bad they didn't perforate the pages and make them softer.

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0

Sorry, Barry...what's "truly sad" is that you do not respond to your subscribers when they ask valid questions as to why they are not receiving your magazine. What's "truly sad" is when, after reading said complaints, you choose to accuse the forum in question, of "not checking facts", when all of this DRAMA could have been avoided if YOU had been more responsible to your subscribers in the first place!

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    He must have M/A confused with NAM.

5. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Personally I don't think complaining about a magazine being two weeks late is out of line, if your requests on why it's delayed, or even if it's coming, are categorically ignored. On the other hand, a simple we had an issue with x, we apologize for the delay, and all is good. Whining about people posting complaints in MA is time wasted; replying to legitimate questions on when to expect your delayed product is time well spent. If you have the time to complain to Nate about his site, seems you have time to post any issue you're having with your current issue on your own site. But maybe I expect too much.

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    If people don't disagree we would all be clones.

How many people want a fourm full of Dave.0's ....:devil::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::Thumbsup:

7. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Hey.... The "well modified" Gnatster is going to be at the Dragon again this year... Actually one of the most modified MINI's around....

It would really be sweet if it's a featured entry in one of the upcoming MC2 publications... An opportunity that surely wouldn't be side stepped in the interest of the MINI community....

What a great idea.... Easily found... echoing off the hills and valleys all along the dragon....

Can't wait for that issue....:Thumbsup:

8. pmsummer

pmsummer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Semi-retired planner
    Jack Coffee Hays County, The Republic of Texas
    Ratings:
    +400 / 0 / -0
    I really wish them the best of luck. I've tried publishing a magazine, and it's a tough row to hoe. Hell, the way things are going, MC2 just might out-live Road & Track!

9. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I'm must be getting old. 5 min? I can't do anything in 5 min any more. :eek6:

10. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    You mean like M7...........oops. That just slipped out, sorry.

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I think you are mistaken, here is why.

The comparison is between a periodical and a product manufactured to order. For the latter as more orders for the product arrive it takes each subsequent order a longer time to be filled. A periodical such as the one discussed here has a set publishing date. Advertisers often run campaigns based on these known dates. Sure, there is some sometimes slippage a few days in either direction and there are the vagarities in delivery due to the USPS.

In this case of a bigger slippage than normal and with all the simple manners of communications we have there is no excuse for not informing subscribers. It does not take long at all to update a website with a note that Issue X is going to be few weeks late because of __________. Another is a mass email with that info and some teasers about how great the publication will be cause we held it back for a few weeks to get this great things in place.

I know the first thing I did when I saw the first post was head to the magazines site to see if there was any news. I'd bet many of you did too. Would it have been so difficult to post a notice on there? Well, in this case with this publisher I guess it is too much to ask, we've seen the same " It will be re-launched the week of December 12th" notice on GoMotoring since about November or so of 2011. Which to me speaks volumes of this entities lack of communication skills. Odd for someone in the communications business.

12. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Thing is the criticism here or towards Asethetic wasn't completely unreasonable.
    I admit complaining about you mag being 2 weeks late might be, but if your order for vinyl is 6 months late there is a need for criticism...

13. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.... Maybe we're on to something here Dave. It appears as though the magnetism created between those of differing view points may just be the answer to the never ending mystery behind the Globe's continued urge to rotate on its axis.

** Disclaimer: There is NO scientific basis what-so-ever behind the thought process of this posting. Nor were there any foreign substances, controlled or otherwise, consumed prior to sharing the above content. **

14. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I got a new copy in the mail and for what is in it, MC2 should be out of business.

I am more entertained by junk mail in my mailbox than MC2. The new MC2 is just a glossy rag not worth the paper it's printed on.

I will NOT be sending Barry anymore money and will be putting up my MC2 collection including issue #1 soon.

So whoever is sending e-mails to Barry about internet comments on his little beloved MC2 magazine send him my post.

15. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #143 cct1, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    My dad can beat your dad up.

Well, maybe he can't, but I'm pretty sure he could beat your mom up. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.

Or maybe one of your kids, if they're under 5 feet tall, and suffer from 2 or more chronic medical conditions.

16. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I get those mags as we'll, and your correct they don't have near as many mistakes in them. Does happen though. They are all part of a big publishing agencies with much more staff to weed out mistakes. I take the MINI mag for what it is and I don't get picky with it as I guess others do. I assume all these others also correct others spelling in posts and emails??? That would be a full-time job around here..

17. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    I love reading MC2.....Whenever we get our copies I always grab 1 for myself ..read it cover to cover TWICE than pass it on to someone else ......Great magazine!!

18. jcauseyfd

jcauseyfd New Member

May 25, 2009
    Graham, NC
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    meh, I canceled my subscription years ago.

19. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Don't feel bad, you asked a valid question. Not your fault that Barry didn't handle it well.

20. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Barry's "irons in the fire" should be the people who subscribe to his magazine, because without them, there would BE no magazine. As a former subscriber and now "outside" observer, it seems to me that he is losing touch with his "people". There is no excuse for empty promises.