McGard wheel locks - SOLD

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by Steve, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    One complete, unused set (4 bolts + 1 matching key) of McGard Premium Wheel Locks. I cut open the blister pack and then found that I couldn't use them.

This set is unused because I bought them years ago along with a new set of aftermarket wheels (Kosei K1-TS) and then found that though the bolts did fit, the key was too large in diameter to fit into the recessed bolt holes. I then switched to wheel studs and forgot about these lock bolts.

They're McGard part # 27179, size M12 x 1.5, and listed as stock wheel bolt replacements for MINIs that use the original bolt size. I'm not sure when the bolt size change occurred but I think it was at or near the end of the '06 model run.

If you're worried about my remark above re the diameter of the key, my calipers say it has a 1.0125" OD.

The cheapest I've seen these listed is just over $25. You can have this set for $10 plus shipping. Includes all the original packaging and paperwork (including the slip with the key code in case you ever need a replacement).

thanks for reading!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0