Engine 1st Gen 2nd Gen 3rd Gen Meth Injection Juice

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by Whine not Walnuts, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    #1 Whine not Walnuts, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    So I have put on a Meth Injection System that I assembled by purchasing parts from different places. The system includes a solenoid and controller for around $300 so now I am thinking about the "juice."

There are all sorts of threads out there about using winter mix windshield cleaner and yes the "con" of this is that you have water that may not be the best relative to impurities. Considering that 1.) I am using the system for cooling and not tuning, 2.) I can by a 5 gallon bucket of racing methanol fuel for $35 here in NASCAR land, but, 3.) I don't really need another 5 gallon can of very flammable stuff in my garage for a couple of years, what do I do?

Well, of all the threads I read not one ever discussed using a simple water filtration system to remove dissolved minerals and other contaminants from the windshield mix before putting the stuff into the MI tank. I have a 110 volt pump that is similar to what a RV has and if I buy an under $15.00 faucet filter I can create some pretty clean solution from a $2.00 or less bottle of winter mix, talking less than 10 micron stuff here. Yes you want the minus 20 stuff (that works out to about a 30% methanol value) that has no glycol in it. If I want a little more kick, a bottle or two of Heet with get me up to around 50% all for about $5.00 a gallon that does not include the cost of the filter. The blue dye, whatever it is, does not show up on the MSDS sheets so it is not toxic and the amount is trace so would think the dye is not a killer here. May even find that the filter removes the color as well.

2. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
  3. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    You could get your five gallon bucket of methanol and pre-mix it all with distilled water, then you would have a bunch of 30% or 50% premixed all ready for your car and you wouldn't have to buy filters and pumps to clean up windshield fluid.

4. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    With 5 gallons of meth i could mix up a total of 14.25 gallons of a 35% meth mixture. At the rate I use it either my wife buys a bigger coffin or shes uses whats left to incinerate me. Hmmmm, she would not have to be pay to have me cremated.

I already have the pump and thinking that the gravity method might work with the filter so you would not need it. I am cooling with the system and even with my 19% pulley ratio I am not seeing any out of normal manifold temps at normal driving.

5. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Whatever meth you don't inject into the engine, you could put in the windshield washer reservoir.

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Do not use washer fluid ever. The blue goop and other crap in it will clog your pump and the jet in your system. If you only installed the system for cooling just use distilled water. Pure methanol (VP-M1) would be better but your worried about it being flammable.

7. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    A 5 micron filter is not going to leave any blue goop

8. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Some people see, others never will, while a few that can chose not to.

9. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    How does the the window fluid clog the pump? I can understand the nozzle/jet but the pump has me perplexed.

10. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    The topic of windshield washing fluid is interesting. There are several high end solutions that utilize deionized water. I managed pharmaceutical projects back in the day so I was around different "types" of water. They had different levels of purification and in fact if you spilled some of the "top shelf" stuff you had to fill in environmental forms as the stuff was a tracked like a major pollutant. It would be logical to think that calcium and other hard water contaminants have been removed in those products during the deionizing process.

A possible issue is that these products also have trace amounts of glycol and a hydrophobic silicone polymer. From what I have read, glycol will thicken oil and in large amounts create a mayonnaise type goo when combined with engine oil. There is also data out there on the oil dilution affect of methanol. Will the thickening affect of the glycol be offset by the dilution affect of the methanol, and, what is the affect of a hydrophobic silicone polymer on the entire engine combustion process? I know that Porsche used Alusil in some of their engines that is a combination of aluminum and silicone. There is also a Nikasil product that is nickle and silicone.

A Safety Data Sheet (SDS), or in years past a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), is a government required document that listed the properties and makeup of any product. This ranged from steel to latex paint. Anybody can obtain a copy of the SDS/MSDS sheet for any given windshield washer solution to determine what the product is made of.

So where is all the data on pumps clogging up and the detrimental affects of window washing fluid when used for engine injection purposes?

11. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    #11 Dave.0, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Do what you want I don’t care. I was just trying to help.

I am completely done with all your silly post about stuff that you don’t know about but argue with peoples opinions.

I have a Aquamist Meth kit, which is the best you can buy and I have run it on VP M-1 Meth for over 10 + years. If you want to cheap out or use crap home brewed kits more power to you. If you scared of real 100% meth that’s fine, again do what you want. I don’t care, I am done trying to help you.

12. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
  13. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0

The problem is that you are either not reading what I have written or are not comprehending the point that the entire issue of this post is "filtering". No where and I emphasize the words NO WHERE have I proposed the use of a straight from the bottle solution. I have included micron values for the filter systems I have noted.

14. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    It is so good having someone so passionate about their ideals.

15. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0

I looked at some of these links and I noted nothing, NOTHING, about filtration prior to use.

For every person out there that will spend to obtain the best, IMO there is an equal amount of people that will seek spending the least amount.

I am not looking for "help", I have not worn diapers in a very long time and can make my own decisions based upon the information I am provided. Similar to the "hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil" you hear about 19% pulley ratios, there appears to be a lack of data to support what the monkeys are doing. I am not asserting that the data is not out there, only that I have not been able to find it.

16. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Reviewing the Peak MSDS, I did not find any references to glycol or dye. Perhaps they are there but I did not find them. What I saw was information on methanol that was present at a less than 35 percent value by weight. I saw nothing on detergents nor soaps.

And nothing on blue goop.

o_O

17. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    The following is from one of the links above and is written by Howerton Engineering that at one time was the US company associated with Aquamist:

"AS for getting and mixing. Many people run 50/50 for the combined attributes of both liquids, and relative ease of procurement. 50/50 can be bought from some of the methanol suppliers. Other folks will research the best windshield wiper fluid they can find in their area. It can be found in 20-50% methanol concentrations. Try to find some with as little dye, and no detergents as possible. I know in CA finding it without detergents is hard."

So the company selling a MI system that many say is THE best out there appears to have no issues with windshield solution.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1801

Still looking . . . . .

18. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    On the third link, it appears the guy admits he used washer fluid that had detergent in it as he says : FYI, the fluid I used failed the suds test (shooked it up and I saw bubbles).

19. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I see you are at least reading the Aquamist Fourms. Keep reading all the post on the site and you will find the answers you are looking for.

FYI your 5 micron filter will clog very quickly using washer fluid and then the pump burns up.

But then again, what do I know........

20. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Well it is for sure that what you don't know is because you are not reading what I post. You been inhaling too much Gyeon? I said I would filter the stuff BEFORE putting it in the tank.

:cool: