Engine 1st Gen 2nd Gen 3rd Gen Meth Injection Juice

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by Whine not Walnuts, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    From my first post:

Well, of all the threads I read not one ever discussed using a simple water filtration system to remove dissolved minerals and other contaminants from the windshield mix before putting the stuff into the MI tank.

:Cigar:

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I have been looking at what meth unit to get and what to put into it. I know there cheeper unites than Aquamist but they have a proven track recored. Thats not to say you cant get good results other ways. I guess its the pilot in me that tries to use things I know have proven their reliability. As far as washer fluid goes I just don't see dumping that crap in my motor. I am picky about where and what brand fuel I put in my car, its a long term thing. Even though I know all gasoline comes from the same distribution centers. Then the brand name company puts there detergent package in it. If I stop at a station and the pumps are slow I know their filters are old and I go somewhere els. If you are doing this as a fun experiment then have at it, who knows maybe you will come up with some cool filtering system.

At the end of the day if you buy clean meth you know what you are getting.

Your car on washer fluid

Christen.jpg

Your car on clean meth

images.jpeg

3. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    F3A646E3-784B-4909-9D59-18ACCFEDAA85.jpeg
    Your dog on Meth.

4. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    I know all too well that once in a while somebody says something that if you do not really listen to, or comprehend, you end up saying something that makes you look like a horse's ass.

This is not a silly post about stuff that I don’t know about, nor is it BS. I cited some specific known facts and posed a question based upon those facts, not opinion. If you want to run the most pure alcohol and water you can find, no problem just don't crap on a thought based on fact for doing otherwise or those that would consider it.

There is a "taskmaster" here on MA and you better come prepared. I do just that.

5. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0

If the above links are suppose to be the definitive answer on whether windshield washer fluid should not be used relative to methanol injection then the only BS that was espoused in this thread was not done by me. There may be some posts in the Aquamist Website but after going through about 5 pages, dating back to 2005, I could not find any. What I did find was numerous threads on using the stuff.

As with any modification, the person contemplating the change should thoroughly review the matter by seeking statements that are backed up with hard data and not merely go by "opinions."

Will the nozzle plug up faster, most likely yes if the blue juice is not filtered prior to placement within the MI storage tank.

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    #26 MCS02, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11

Look at post #7

"Note that while many have used the washer fluid in many setups successfully for long periods - Aquamist does not recommend it.

Especially with the smaller jets it is possible for the heat to cake the detergent as it evaporates off the water and methanol.

Washer fluid can increase the amount of maintenance needed to keep the jets flowing properly
    ."

Wow that took me all of two minutes to find!

Yes I can read, yes I know your going to filter it, maybe it will work but sense you want proof of everything where is your proof that what you are doing will work?? Also manufactures of washer fluid are not compelled to tell you every thing they put in their product. Maybe just maybe it has nothing to do with filtration but chemical make up. Or maybe not. I don't know I would say nether do you. This could be brand depended, maybe one brand of washer fluid will work and another will cause problems. Now if you want to experiment thats great! Maybe you will find a way to make it work. That would be great too. But what is known is if you just use pure methanol and distilled water you will be fine. Thats all that is being said.

I believe honest advice is being given.

:D

7. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    First, the first post I made addressed filtration, noted a lack of discussions on the matter and presented the process as a possible option. I was seeking answers to a specific question and I got the opinion, "do not use washer fluid ever" with nothing to back it up.

Next on the the post you referenced above, the comment is from 2003 whereas the Howerton post I referenced is from 2010. Allot happens in 7 years including what it appears to be Aquamist condoning the use. You will also note they include verbiage on "detergent" something that most -20 and lower fluids do not contain and if they do it MUST be included in the SDS/MSDS sheet.

To me the key element to utilizing a non detergent washer fluid product is the mineral content of the water that was used. Filtration is a matter of the size of the filter media or how the filtration is accomplished such as deionization. The molecular weight of water is 18 g/mol, methyl alcohol 32 g/mol and calcium carbonate 100 g/mol (all values are approximate). Whereas methanol and water is a solution, calcium carbonate and water is a suspension. Calcium carbonate can be filtered from water. I am aware that methanol is a a non ionic compound and therefore in water the PH is not affected. It would be logical to assume that the solution would not dissolve calcium carbonate and therefore could be filtered.

It is nice to get advice but that advise should be take with a grain of salt as even if the advice is honest, it may not be correct.

8. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Off to make a mountain run. It is a little more fun than a good debate . . . . .

9. jetsr6

jetsr6 Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Driver
    Loganton, PA
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Why I used water/meth injection? Cleaning and ended up going from using 1quart of oil in 3k to less than 1/4quart.

Attached Files:

10. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Wow - that's some serious oil consumption...

11. jetsr6

jetsr6 Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Driver
    Loganton, PA
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Well it is a n14

12. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Shaving this morning I got thinking more about filtration. I have Devils Own nozzles that have an 80 micron screen and my inline filter is 50 microns. With a 5 micron filter process prior to placement within the MI system, the particulate matter would be very small while at the same time passing through the nozzle and in-line filters so the next thought was the orifice. I dealt with nozzles in the past relative to the misting systems of HVAC towers. This in turn got me thinking on whether the pressure within the manifold will keep the nozzle orifice from forming scale either from boost or from the vacuum, both of which are in the a half an atmosphere range. The swing from vacuum to boost may also have an effect that keeps the orifice clear.

With luck there is a fluid dynamic person or a mechanical engineer that will read this and offer some thoughts.

13. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    I can visualize this stuff in my head but readily acknowledge that my manner of verbal expression may not pass the information to others. Nothing about anybody's intelligence but rather my writing and verbiage use.

14. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    I do not claim to be some genius but I can say that I worked around some very intelligent individuals that were considered to be at the top of their fields by their peers. I have had enough positive comments by such individuals over the years that I must be a little smarter than I ever thought I was.

15. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I would say thats clean!