Event Article Mickey and MINI 14 (September 28-30, 2018)

mm14cover011_orig.jpg
Mickey & MINI started in 2005 and was held at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort. There weren’t many organized events in those early days, so...
By MCS02 · Mar 16, 2018 ·
  1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    #1 MCS02, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    Mickey and MINI 14 is scheduled for September 28 - 30, 2018!

Mickey & MINI started in 2005 and was held at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort. There weren’t many organized events in those early days, so Drinking Around the World (affectionately referred to as DATW) at Epcot was a good place to start. It took a few years, but the organizers began expanding the activities offered as attendance grew.

Today, the event hosts approximately 300 attendees annually and includes several MINI activities.

Day One kicks off with Registration, Vendor Alley and Car Show entry. This is the best time during the event to meet new MINI owners, or catch up with old friends...besides shopping. Car Show entrance is open to all registered guests, so it is also a great time to check out those awesome cars and their U-ification mods. The winners are announced and trophies awarded at the “Can’t Miss It” Friday night welcome dinner. Food, drinks, and general frivolity ensues.

Day Two begins with a breakfast road rally, followed by other off-property activities. A number of guests move onto DATW, keeping the tradition alive at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which is underway during our event. Or you may chose to participate in other MINI activities, which in previous years have included scavenger hunts, laps at Disney’s Speedway, and road rally adventures to the Fun Spot amusement park with group photo ops along the way. Saturday activities change from year to year, so be on the look-out of our exciting 2018 line-up.
    Get your cameras ready.

Things wind down on Sunday, Day Three, as most guests are packing up to head home, 60 or so of the hangers-on attend the Farewell Brunch at World of Beer.

For more details, here is the official website: https://www.mickeyandmini.org/

Key Registration Dates are:
    • Hotel reservation cut-off date is Wednesday, August 26, 2015.
    • Merchandise order cut-off date is Sunday, August 30, 2015.
    • Event registration cut-off date is Sunday, September 13, 2015.

2018 EVENT SCHEDULE
    Friday, September 28th

11 am – 4 pm: Event Registration
    Vendor Alley Shopping
    Car Show Registration
    2 pm – 4 pm: Car Show Judging
    6 pm – 9 pm: Happy Hour
    Welcome Dinner
    Car Show Awards
    Charity Raffle Drawings

Saturday, September 29th
    9 am – 3 pm: Event Registration
    Vendor Alley Shopping
    9 am – 11 am: Morning motoring to Breakfast at My French Cafe
    12 pm – 4 pm: TBD
    5 pm – 10 pm: Rally to dinner at TBD
    Drive In Movie at Orlando MINI

EPCOT- Mexico Pavilion
    12 pm – 9 pm: Drinking Around the World (DATW)
    4 pm – 9 pm: DATW- Late Edition

Sunday, September 30th
    11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Farewell Lunch at World of Beer, 7800 Dr Phillips Blvd, Orlando
    3:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Bonus DATW for those sticking around Sunday afternoon

For those participating in DATW you will need a park ticket for each day you plan to go into Epcot.
    Check the schedule on their website for updates. Here is a direct link to the Schedule Page:
    https://www.mickeyandmini.org/schedule.html

Common Questions and Answers:

Q: I have a question. Who do I ask?
    A: Contact us via email at [email protected] (or) complete a contact form at www.mickeyandmini.org (or) leave a comment on our FaceBook page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Q: When does Mickey & MINI take place and can I extend my hotel stay at the $109 per night rate?
    A: Mickey & MINI 11 takes place Friday-Sunday, September 25-27, 2015. The $109 per night rate is good for three days before and three days after the event if you want to extend your stay.

Q: How much does this event cost per person?
    A: $15- Event registration (required). The following are optional add-ons: $30- Welcome Dinner- Adult $20- Welcome Dinner- Kid age 2-13 FREE- Welcome Dinner- Kid under the age of 2 $40- Grand Prix track event on Saturday

Q: What is included in my event registration?
    A: Each event attendee is required to register at www.mickeyandmini.org. In addition to access to the MM11 activities, including entry in the Friday Car Show, each registered attendee will receive a welcome bag filled with goodies and a printed/personalized badge. Please register each attendee individually, so that we can print the name badges accurately.

Q: When is the last day I can register to attend MM11?
    A: Hotel reservation cut-off date is Wednesday, August 26, 2015. Merchandise order cut-off date is Sunday, August 30, 2015. Event registration cut-off date is Sunday, September 13, 2015.

Q: Do I really want to go to the welcome dinner on Friday?
    A: YES! Car show and charity auction winners are announced at the welcome dinner. MINIUSA will be providing a free MINI gift to each paid welcome dinner guest. And besides, it is a ton of FUN!

Q: Do I need a park ticket to participate in Drinking Around the World (DATW)?
    A: Yes.

Q: Are park tickets included with our hotel reservation?
    A: No, but MM11 event attendees are eligible for discounted group theme park admission tickets, which must be prepaid in full at the time of purchase and purchased at least 10 days prior to the event. Discounted park tickets are valid until the end of the year.

Link to the Common Questions and Answers Page (this is the main page, just click on FAQ's)
    https://www.mickeyandmini.org/

MM14 Schedule.jpeg