MIdCal Meeting Friday, March 18 at 6:00PM - Yukon Jacks

Discussion in 'MidCal MINIs' started by MINIEOR, Feb 22, 2011.

1. gatekper

gatekper New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    instructor/ retired
    Visalia, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was running rough and the engine light came back on (third time , first time it was dirty fuel injectors) this time they said it was misfiring. second time in a week they had to haul it down, then haul it back (glad I'm not paying for that) roadside assistance is covering the hauling it down there and then they put on a truck and haul it back to the house. Found out today that I will not be getting until back until Tue.

2. SRTech

SRTech Club Coordinator

Aug 30, 2009
    Mini Cooper Service & Repair
    Oakhurst, CA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like the high pressure fuel pump. Maybe time for a new dealership.

Steve

3. gatekper

gatekper New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    instructor/ retired
    Visalia, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The manager did say it was something with the high pressure fuel system ...he did not go into it much...may have not wanted or think I would know what he was talking about there....I would send it backup to San Fran where I bought it but Hollywood is closer and since they are paying for it they get to pick.

4. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    The high pressure fuel pump has been a problem for Mini. My wifes 09 has already been replaced. Have you had a brake job done by Mini yet? How many miles on your car?

5. gatekper

gatekper New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    instructor/ retired
    Visalia, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only have around 20,000 on mine so far. The manager did say they had another mini in there that was having the same problems, so you guys are probably right about it all. It ran ok once it was started, just rough on the start. Hey I have the 6 yrs 100k warrenty so they can keep fixing it all they want, they are paying for it now I already paid my part.

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Yea sounds like the pump. You might not have enough miles for them to do brake job? My wifes brake light came on so they towed her car in....all they did was change her pads :mad: Apparently the rotors were just good enough.

7. gatekper

gatekper New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    instructor/ retired
    Visalia, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never expect them to go overboard on the repairs ...if they can get by with just the brake pads then that is usually all they will do...but then that is still cheaper then us paying for it.