Most liked posts in thread: Mini Bluetooth and connectivity web page

1. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Since phones have software updated frequently (so moving target for car compatibility), and windows phone is such a small % of users, I wish I could say good luck....but even though the windows phones are pretty good, app makers are fleeing...just too small a user base...heck think I read that Bank of America turned off their banking app....
    You might be one of 50 folks worldwide (OK, maybe in the us) using windows phone in a mini....

ME, I consider my car to be a low tech zone I get away from beeps, buzzes, and tech that wants my attention....and a $50 Bluetooth earpiece can sound better in 90% of cars than the $500 phone option in my experience.... So if it streams with bluetooth, and I can voice dial (I'm an android user-also in the minority in mini's since most folks are apple..but they make every gen smaller, mini makes them bigger?!)......

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    I tried it out...

I tabbed the button.... "I am interested in a MINI" & selected 3rd gen". (Dave.0.... Not really)...

Lots of pages of phones popped up... Maybe don't tab the vin route... No Nokia Lumina 521...

Nokia 1.JPG

Nokia 2.JPG

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Sorry I can't help because I believe cars are for driving and phones are for talking and the two should never be used at the same time.

4. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Zippy NH is right that I am a member of an uber small community of windows phone users. But, even if my phone is not compatible, I really think it is not the "best foot forward" for mini to have its connectivity page not functioning. After all, the corporation is trying to promote its tech side. I would be a little less frustrated if I could just access a list of windows phones that are compatible (I've been told that there are some compatible windows phones). And, while I also agree with Dave O's approach to motoring, my boss does not share our enthusiasm. In the public relations field, I am unfortunately tethered to the phone for many hours. Trying to be safe with hands free. I have,however, gotten to a compromise situation, using the Bluetooth on my portable mini navigation. It's probably as good as the in dash infotainment unit, allows for hands free and voice command, but it obviously doesn't coordinate with radio volume. Well, nice weather for great motoring is the up side. Thanks, and if anyone know of the index or list of compatible phones, I'd be appreciative.

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Buy an iPhone for work stuff since they are married to BMW / MINI connected.

Why because it just works.

6. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I don't have or need Bluetooth for all it might offer. When I need'ta use the cell phone while driving, I just put my drink between my legs, take my eyes off the road to look for the number, then make the call... Same procedure if I need to check the map.

7. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Metalman... just what I was looking for. How come the mini web associates cant be this helpful. All good. Thanks again. Just have to decide if I will stay with my current phone and use the Bluetooth on the mini portable navigation or if I'll buy one of the nokia windows phones listed and use the Bluetooth integrated with the radio.