MINI Canada announces incentive program supporting two Canadian motorsport series.

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, May 17, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Contingency Award Program to be offered to MINI competitors in the
    2012 Canadian Touring Car Championship and 2012 Targa Newfoundland

Richmond Hill, ON. MINI Canada announced today that it will support MINI motorsports competitors across the country through all-new contingency programs. Canadian racers racing a MINI in the Canadian Touring Car Championship (CTCC), including the all-new B-Spec class, and MINI entrants in the 2012 Targa Newfoundland will have the opportunity to win cash prizes.

"MINI’s motorsport heritage is impressive and has been part of the brand’s DNA since the 60’s – with wins in big events such as the Rally Monte Carlo, Targa Newfoundland and most recently the Dakar Rally, as well as track racing in MINI CHALLENGE events in Europe and the CTCC. We want to recognize and foster the passion and success for MINI motorsport in Canada and continue building that legacy,†said Adam Shaver, Director of MINI Canada. “To show our support, we have launched a significant contingency program in Canada for 2012."

For the Canadian Touring Car Championship, MINI Canada will pay contingency awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each points-paying race in the Championship. Additionally, MINI Canada will reward championship-winning drivers in the Touring and B-Spec classes during the 2012 CTCC season.

The contingency payout structure will reward first, second- and third-place finishers in each race in the Touring class, as follows:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Payout 1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place
    Cash Award $ 1,000 $ 750 $ 500

Touring Class Championship Bonus: $ 5,000

In the all-new B-Spec class, the contingency payout structure will reward first, second- and third-place finishers in each race as follows:

Payout 1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place
    Cash Award $500 $300 $150

B-spec Driver Championship Bonus: $ 3,000

“MINIs are one of the most popular cars with CTCC fans and they are always very competitive,†states John Bondar, President of Canadian Touring Car Championship. “I am proud to welcome MINI Canada as a contingency partner of CTCC and look forward to seeing more MINIs on the podium in 2012.â€

In addition, MINI Canada is pleased to include Targa Newfoundland in this program, recognizing its 10 year history in Targa competition and the many MINIs participating in this exciting and exacting rally:

Payout 1st Place in Open Class 1st Place in Targa Class 1st Place in Grand Touring Class
    Cash Award $ 3,000 $ 3,000 $ 3,000

MINI Competitors in these series can access detailed information on the MINI Contingency Award Program by contacting: [email protected].

2. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    That is pretty cool, not that I plan on racing though.
    I would like to check out Targa Newfoundland one year if only as a spectator. Sounds like a fun time.

3. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    wow..........amazing payouts from Mini..........:eek:

now I see why RSR is running Honda's........you can't blame them
    so sad..........

4. Xiek

Xiek Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Service Advisor
    Midland
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to be IN the Targa one year.... some day... some day....

5. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    We should get Chad fake citizenship papers maybe he can win.

6. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Makes me want to race in CN.