Mini Cooper Crash at MOTD!

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 9 (April 27 - May 1, 2011)' started by Ladyvalea, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Part of my job (literally) is to criticize a persons ability to drive, and have them make improvements. I still feel the same way, and the MINI Driver is lucky that no one was more seriously injured.

Yeah, sure accidents do happen, but 100% of accidents are avoidable, especially this one. If the driver had a limit view of the on-coming lane, then you dont try crossing it. Either stop and make extra care the lane is clear, or continue forward and turn around at some point.

I am sorry you guys may be getting upset at me for not being supportive or sympathetic of the MINI driver, but how many of you have been punched in the face with an airbag ?

I am sincerely glad to hear the MINI driver is ok, but i certainly hope they and the people around them learned a valuable lesson. The people saying "ohh it is ok, accidents happen" are taking away from the lesson WE CAN ALL take from this video, and accident is never 'ok'.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I think anyone who was there & saw the aftermath had a wakeup call. Being there I can completely understand how & why.

I'm most relieved that a nice lady minding her own business is OK. Also glad the MINI driver is OK too.

Now stop walking around on the water so loudly KC you are scaring the fish away. :smilewinkgrin:

3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    While I believe this was an honest mistake, and I am in no way going to cast stones at the driver of the MINI, I wonder if the situation was reversed--ie the Sentra pulled in front of the MINI--if there would be as much sympathy for the Sentra driver...

I have my suspicions...:D

4. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    #44 KC Jr 54, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011

Yeaaaah, exactly. I bet the Sentra driver would be belittled on here beyond anything i might say about the MINI driver. Ive actually seen that conversation before on a MINI forum before...

Crash, i figured anyone actually there would snap into reality for atleast a little while, but peoples reaction here is not the correct one. Making the driver feel any worse then he currently does (only assuming) is not my intention either. It erks be really bad to see people saying "well accidents" happen, and then move on. Watch the video, listen to what happened, realize 'accidents' are never ok, and learn something in the process.

In the real world, WHO CARES about a stupid car, regardless of your attachment to the make and model. Life > car 100% of the time. Someones life WAS put in danger b/c of an careless driver, and IMO that should NEVER be taken lightly.

The video should can also be used as an example as to why super tight kongo like caravan lines that are almost always associated with MINI events are dangerous too. The Sentra driver had zero place to go when it came time, but if cars had been spaced properly she MIGHT have had a chance to swerve. Granted there may have been a situation where people were slowing etc.

Anyways, base point being, just learn a little something from the event, and dont respond with "ohh well, sh*t happens" b/c thats the exact attitude that has people killed while driving.

5. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok KC, I get you're new to MA and making yourself known, I get that.
    But try to be a little reasonable, accidents happen, thus the name.
    So far you have insulted our forum, our attitude and intelligence as MINI drivers, AND continue to claim that your "intention" is not to do these things. And I'm pretty sure you drive "flat out" on the track.
    We really are a friendly bunch, but cut us some slack.
    Or go back to the sewing site.
    Keep the rubber side down!

6. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Logistics & Administration
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    People are entitled to the Freedom of Speech in the USA...

Someone makes a reasonable comment on the MA forum...someone alway tells that person to go pack sand as a reply...:popcorn:

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Stop right here please.

8. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    While I am sorry that this accident occurred I am glad that no one was seriously injured.
    I am glad to have seen the video.
    It made me rethink how I drive while in line on an excursion.
    Also, I will approach that entrance into the the Village more cautiously and may choose to avoid using it altogether in the future.
    Thanks to the OP for posting and thanks to all for the discussion.

9. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Two motorists were involved in a car accident...one motorist made a wrong decision and got hit by another motorist, who had the right of way...simple as that.

10. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yea I never use that entrance, I always go down to the station much better visibility. Even there you have a corner to watch.

Something I learned while riding my motorcycle, always ride/drive like you are invisible, not invincible

11. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    #51 KC Jr 54, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    Firstly, i do apologize Nathan, as i do have a considerable amount of respect for you. My inability to back down, and stubbornness drives me.

1) I have been apart of this forum much longer then you have. (Notice under your name where it says "Join Date" :eek: )

2) This is my site as much as it is yours. (we are entitled to about ohhhhh, zero of it :ihih: ) And i have little interest in NAM, except to sell things, and help the few newcomers that show there w/ questions.

3) If you took my comment in the other thread as insulting your intelligence,...well then, you need to spend more time on your reading skills.

4) The only "claims" i made we directed at the driver of the MINI in the accident.

5) I am as friendly as they come, but i shoot BS down as quickly as it rises up too. "It was an accident, it happens" = BS

6) You are right, accident are just that, but 100% are avoidable. Accidents are NEVER an acceptable event though, and should never be taken lightly regardless of the severity. Thats my point and i think a few people here are taking it to lightly.

7) I never have made claims to have gone to the track, and i even mentioned it in my other thread, but i guess you need to review #3 here.

Again, sorry Nathan, but i got shoved....

12. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #52 minimark, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
    Good grief, a mistake was made and fortunately no one was seriously hurt. The person who made the mistake received a ticket and will have to spend time and money on that along with a nice increase in insurance fees from the ticket and the cost of fixing BOTH cars and any medical expenses along with any possible litigation. Add to that, that he will also be without his car for awhile and I think what happened will be driven home to him sufficiently without catching a bunch of crap on the boards from folks that were not there or involved in the incident... Rest assured Justice is being served.

Please lets give it a rest.....

13. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Then it shouldn't been posted on the boards...

14. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You know if you post anything on the forum...it's a feeding frenzy.

I could have enough reading material within an hour for my private library.:D

15. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    OK, this stick has been whittled on enough......:rolleyes:

16. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I agree...there's no meat left on this bone. (I'm having faint flashbacks of a site in a previous life )

17. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It's barely the soggy remains of a splintered toothpick.

Even the marrow has been sucked out and all waste products processed.

I proclaim this thread dead.

18. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Along with Bin Laden, who now sleeps with the fishes..

19. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Stick a fork in it...it's done.

20. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City