MINI Crossover Caught in the Wild

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Jul 9, 2009.

1. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    studid

Like they need a cross-over MINI in Cal.:eek:ut:. It should be CHILI RED and in n.w.Pa. where someone could actually use it :idea:.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It's probably undergoing hot weather testing in the Cali/Az desert area. Death Valley is commonly used by auto makers for testing. GM has or soon had a place in Mesa. Ford is in Yucca. Nissan has a tract of land as well.

3. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'll gladly let them use my neighborhood, hot, cold, snow & ice, twisty country roads, what more could you want :devil:.

4. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Mark, I wonder if it would attract the local gendarmes like your S does!:devil:

5. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    hahaha, VERY FUNNY :arf:

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Countryman Badge Destined For MINI Crossover?

ACCORDING TO a trademark submission made by BMW, the company’s upcoming MINI crossover may wear the Countryman name.

The timing of the submission strongly supports the theory that the Countryman moniker will be used by the high-riding MINI CUV, which is expected to debut at the Frankfurt auto show in September.

The Countryman badge also has a history with the original Austin Mini, being used on the long-wheelbase wagon variants of the 1960s-era microcar. Given BMW-owned MINI’s recent revivals of other Mini names (Clubman, anyone?), the Countryman would certainly be an apt choice for the new crossover.