MINI is a girly car, confirmed

Discussion in 'MINI' started by rkw, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I know for a fact that my MINI is a certified Chick Magnet...unfortunately it is also a certified Old-British-Guy Magnet as well...

2. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    German/Swedish/Finnish marine propulsion equipment
    New Orleans
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have long passed the era in American history when I am excited, worried, or make particular notice that there are women in the same establishment as me.
    I figure if chicks are patronizing the same dealership as me, and bought a MINI (like me), then I can surmize that chicks dig what I got.
    I thought thats what we were here for.

3. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    #43 agranger, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Mark Rothko thought of it. P.U. (however you spell it... I think I'll just call him PU from now on) made a poor copy about 30 years too late for it to be innovative or even thoughtful.

Interesting pattern though, if you ask me: Find something original that someone else has created, make a cheap knock-off using very little natural talent and sell it for inflated prices. Maybe he can take that lesson from the art world and apply it to a different industry.... OH.... WAIT!

[​IMG]

For those who have not yet gotten to know Mark Rothko's work: https://www.google.com/search?q=mark+rothko&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1rBmUsQixa-IAqblgWA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=927&bih=659

If you are ever in London, please find your way to the Tate Modern Gallery and spend some time in the Rothko room. He did some massive pieces for a restaurant and the install never happened. He gave them to the Tate, with the condition that they must be installed in a permanent installation, built to his specifications (room dimension, lighting and most importantly, I believe, background wall color). I never understood his work until being in this space. After a few minutes of viewing, the color almost vibrates off of the walls. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

Rothko room at the Tate:
    [​IMG]

4. RussWK

RussWK Active Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Wife suggested we buy R52 instead of a Harley, so she was OK with a few mods. Other day while parked at office with top down, I caught co-worker - a woman, standing beside and looking long and longingly at the car, and she said "I could just Kiss that car."

But I also can keep up with the bad boys too, so there is something for everybody in one car. Lots of favorable comments from both sexes.

5. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Wow....reading threads on MINI's poor reliability and it being a chick car together. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

6. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I recall someone mentioning that, while attending a MINI event, he observed 9 Roadsters. I wasn't surprised when he noted that 8 belonged to old white guys over 50. Glad to see I'm not alone.