Mini is Featured Marque at Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix - 2013

Discussion in 'Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix (September 6 - 8, ' started by Nathan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mattsch1981

mattsch1981 New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Mechanical Designer
    East Norriton, PA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi Pac! Jen and I are going as are a few other people from PhillyMINI. We opted for the Tour de Marque.

$35 is (1) general admission ticket for the weekend. The $140 package includes a visit to the Wings of Eagles, a brunch for driver and guest at Watkins Glen International followed by two parade laps on the world famous WGI course, two laps of the original 6.6 Mile Grand Prix course through the streets of Watkins Glen, and reserved downtown display parking for the festival. After the parade laps of the original course, there will be an optional driving tour of approximately 90 miles that will take you on a spirited drive through the scenic countryside surrounding Watkins Glen. You will also receive 2 Weekend General Admission tickets for the Vintage Grand Prix with special Mini Corral parking while at the track on Saturday and Sunday.

2. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail about when and where registration

will be on Fri. Has anyone heard anything from them?

3. brewmeister

brewmeister New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have a couple from our TierMINI group are going as well :)

4. JenLane

JenLane New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Got a letter today. Reg is at 8:30 at the Wings museum.

5. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Yep, got mine in the mail yesterday, let's hope for good weather!

6. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Called to register yesterday, doing the $35 option. (The other sold out earlier this month.) We have a few coming up from Pittsburgh. I'm staying in Elmira/Horseheads at the Candlewood Suites... Driving up Thursday afternoon and heading back home on Monday. Hoping to get a chance to walk the glen and see some wineries/food too so we might only attend the races on Saturday. (And the Festival Friday evening.)

I was told that our Saturday parade laps will be around 5PM on Saturday after the races end.... and the parade will be going about 60MPH. ;)

7. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    60 MPH parade lap is very nice! At Mid-Ohio they average 6 MPH. :frown5:

8. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    That's because at Mid-Ohio they know that you all just had a dozen donuts before you got there! :donut1:

9. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I won't do a parade lap there. Since I have raced there it is just too frustrating driving so darned slow. I'll sit on the sidelines & eat a donut. :donut1: :biggrin5: