MINI Meet in Southeastern Ohio 10-12-13

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by JesseR56S, Sep 28, 2013.

1. JesseR56S

JesseR56S New Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Automotive Paint Tech
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello fellow MINI enthusiasts!

I'm new to the M/A forum and this will be my first post. My buddy, Mike Rios, (owner of JAM Auto&Tire and long time MINI enthusiast) will be hosting a MINI meet in October. This is our first attempt at promoting a car show and we're really hoping for a good turnout. We've gotten together on some ideas and came up with a "meet&greet" style of car event.

MINI owners and enthusiasts will meet at Mike's shop around 11am on Saturday, October 12th for a casual hangout featuring food, drinks, and some tunes. We'll do the car show after everyone gets there and gets some food in their bellies. After the car show portion of the day we will head out from his shop and take a scenic drive through Athens and Vinton Counties; through Zaleski State Forest and by Lake Hope State Park and will loop back around to Nelsonville, back at JAM Auto&Tire. I've mapped this route out and it will include plenty of twisties and curvy roads, along with some straightaways for cruising. This drive will be roughly 60 miles and will take about an hour and a half (if we obey speed limit signs ;) and make a quick stop midway at Lake Hope for photos). That will also depend on people's opinions, whether or now we will make any stops during the drive.

After making the loop, we will return to Mike's shop and hand out award for Best MINIs. I believe that the local AdvanceAutoParts store is supplying 3 car care kits as prizes for Best MINIs and Outmotoring.com is hooking us up with some cool goodies to hand out to the first 25 cars that show up!!

I'm really excited about this and have been posting up flyers all around the Logan and Nelsonville areas as well as throwing it up on Facebook and now M/A's forum. Hoping for a good turnout as the leaves will be looking nice down there; it will make for some good cruising and some good photos of everyone's sweet rides!

Hope to see you there!
    -Jesse

For Questions regarding the event, please feel free to contact Mike@ (740)753-4006 or contact me @ (740)603-1990. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    welcome to m/a

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Welcome to M/A

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

5. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Aboard!!

Rats I'll be out of town that Saturday.:cryin:

6. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I passed the shop on Friday on our way back from Athens. Sounds like a fun event, but not sure I can make it down.

7. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    My Dad's family is from Meigs County, although I grew up in Lake County. Very nice people in Southeastern Ohio, salt of the earth. I'm too far away (Northern Virginia) to make your event, but I wish you the very best.

8. JesseR56S

JesseR56S New Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Automotive Paint Tech
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome!!

B.A.D. hope you can make it, and tampadave, sorry to hear that you can't make it to the event. I'm hoping to maybe meet some fellow MINI fans in person and go for a drive! If anyone's got friends in the area be sure to spread the word! Thanks!

The shop is about 15 minutes north of Athens, OH on US RT33 and about an Hour and 15 minutes South of Columbus, OH on US RT 33.

Hope to see some of you there!