Mini Moke (video)

Discussion in 'Classic Mini' started by Steve, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Wheeler Dealers is a Brit TV series. The premise is the hosts "are on a mission to save repairable enthusiast vehicles, by repairing or otherwise improving an example of a particular make and model to a budget, then selling it to a new owner."

They choose a model to hunt for, shop, find a seller and haggle, and buy. Then they get it in their shop and work it over, repairing and "improving" and then, after taking it for a fun drive, try to sell for a profit.

This is the Mini Moke episode. I don't like it so much for the nature of the show itself but it is a sort of fun way to learn a lot about the Moke. In fact this episode is better in that regard than others I've seen about different cars.

Warning for purists: These guys aren't entirely interested in direct restoration and getting things back to original condition, they do what they think needs to be done to make the car work well and look good and increase the selling price. Nothing radical though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7YtAtFaco]Wheeler Dealers Mini Moke - YouTube[/ame]

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    He should have given her the $6 grand....... Cheeky Basturd....

3. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    i just watched the whole episode. ok, i'm bored today. while i like the show, they aren't realistic when they say that they made money on the project. i guess that Ed works for free.

Love the Moke. i had one when i first lived in the British Virgin Islands in the early 80's. mine never looked or ran as well as this one did before it was even fixed up. my rusted floorboards had been replaced with plywood and a little epoxy. Flintstone style braking was still an option. i had to replace the windshield every couple of months when another coconut crashed through the old one. i loved that Moke! i had a lot of fun in it.

beaner