MINI Related Schwag *wanted*

Discussion in 'Collectables' started by d0r33t0s, Jun 21, 2015.

1. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    any suggestions for mini schwag items you have gotten, or might like to recieve at a MINI event? we have some spare coin to blow for MINIs In The Mountains | A MINI5280 Event this year on attendees, just looking for some options.

also, got some room in the event still if anyone's looking for a great time in the Rocky Mountains, Aug 5-9

2. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    As the former Sr. Art Director for two car magazines, I suggest that you contact MINI public relations.

A quick Google search came up with Rob Duda on Linkdin at Peppercomm. He says he manages events for MINIHe might be a good person to start with.

The best advice I can give you for getting swag is, you definitely won't get it if you don't ask for it.

CD

3. JenLane

JenLane New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I assume you mean that your event has cash in the bank to spend on swag to give out and you're looking for something unique, instead of duckies and dash plates. I feel your pain. I go through this three or four times a year, trying to come up with new, creative things and it gets harder and harder.

Random ideas:

• Cups (the plastic drink kind - like stadium cups). We did those for our 10th anniversary party and I use mine as a cup holder on my desk at work.
    • Antenna Toppers (obligatory list inclusion): happyballs.com
    • Those eyeglass cleaning cloths, which are also great for windshields
    • 4oz bottle of windshield cleaner with custom printing (I've been wanting to do this for one of our events but never got around to it).
    • USB chargers (4imprint has some that are really affordable)
    • Temporary Tattoos

4. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    we are getting coozies and usb chargers from the host location. I've contacted MINIUSA already, just waiting to hear back. we typically do a few things on our own outside of sponsors, and that is what i was referring to, but i'll check out the antenna toppers, that sounds like it could be fun :)

5. JenLane

JenLane New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I ordered about 500 of them from that site a few years ago. They're very affordable.

6. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ironically, we gave out cups and temp tattoos last year at MTTS to advertise for this year, so can't use them again :)

7. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    In the past, I've been able to get product pretty easily from Meguiar's, especially new products they are promoting.

CD

8. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    thanks, sent that in :)