2nd Gen R55 Clubman Minidomore hitch plus ? bike platform rack

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by jrolli, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jrolli

jrolli New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any recommendations for ease of attachment for 2009 Clubman with the mididomore hitch? I imagine ALL bike racks will need to pin from underneath? And I don't expect that any platform bike rack will really let me open the barn doors with a bike in place.

I'm looking at the slick Kuat Sherpa or Yakima HoldUp 2 as both are platforms. I have a pedelec Kalkhoff that weighs 46 pounds--which is lightweight for an ebike. Can't see me hoisting the bike overhead to put it on a roof rack.

Thanks.
    Austin Texas Live Music Capital of the Known World.

2. flatlander_48

flatlander_48 New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Mechanical Engineer, retired
    Cathedral City, CA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You will need the other model of the Holdup with the 1 1/4" Receiver. That's what the MiniDoMore Receiver is. There is, however, a 1 1/4" to 2" adapter part but MiniDoMore doesn't sell this...

Any device that goes into the Receiver will require the Pin. The way it mounts in the Clubman is behind the Bumper Cover, so yes, you access the Pin under the car. I am told that it's pretty easy to do. Hopefully I will find out in 3 weeks or so.