Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
  2. R56andR53

R56andR53 New Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is this easy to work around for a noobie to tune his R56/R53? What is the supportability/warranty level from you? Can i tune my R56 and R53 with this kit? Is this something i can sell separately from my car when time comes?

3. mike@MynesTuned

mike@MynesTuned New Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The R56 tuning kit will be coming down the line, but this is only for the R53 platform at this time.

This tool is just that, a tool. It allows you to have access to your ecu. There is a warranty on the hardware from failing within the 1st year. If you are not comfortable with tuning, then you should seek advice from those who are experienced. There are tons of good tuners everywhere, and with this tool, they can come in and give you assistance.

Think of this example: A program like Photoshop allows you edit photos (kinda like this Tuning Kit). Now if you want to custom design something, you can use the templates that are made available to you, or if you're very skilled in this department, you can make your own design. Now if you use this tool to make fake ID or engage in something that's against the law, then you are responsible for your actions.

Same thing here: the tool allows you FullAccess to your ecu. You can read up on it and learn how to tune. But if you're not knowledgeable in this area, then you should leave this to those who are experience.