MININext?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by MINI-motor, Apr 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MINI-motor

MINI-motor New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone ever bought one of the MINI Next cars? The certified "pre-loved" MINIs? If so, I'd like to hear your experience as I am considering getting one.

:Thumbsup:

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I have not bought one, but have been looking at them.To me it seems like a very good thing. IMHO R56 MCS's need an extended warranty.

3. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Crashton, you give very good advice sir. I love my 08 R56 MCS/JCW and the MINI brand but...........:mad2::mad5::incazzato::nonod:...........I won't go into what all has broken and required repair/replacement in LESS THAN 50kmi. Get at least 50kmi drive train warranty. Mine's in the shop now for warranty drive train work at 46kmi. I love driving that car but she breaks a lot and always expensive breakage and I don't track her. But I won't trade her unless forced to. I figure that we're almost out of things to break.:Thumbsup:

Jason:popcorn::popcorn:

4. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    A lot of people make that comment about tracking their car.....I don't know why either?

At least the kind of track driving I do, I don't think is harmful to it, if anything it might be beneficial since I have never had carbon problems or tranny problems or anything else.....

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut:Apologies all around. I didn't mean to disparage people who track their cars and I certainly don't mean to imply that tracking a car automatically tears it up. I was only trying to say that my car, with minimal hard use, is still a Dealer Garage Queen. Not all R56s are like this but, mine is. Get a minimal 50kmi drive chain warranty.:Thumbsup:

Jason:popcorn::popcorn:

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Sorry, not where I was going with my comment either, I guess I should have been clearer too....

But it's true, tracking the car is not necessarily damaging....

7. MINI-motor

MINI-motor New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys I appreciate the responses. My only concern is it sounds like there may be some reliability problems which concerns me....but I was already thinking of extending the warranty which is why I was looking at the MININext

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I agree with this 110%! :yesnod:

Back on topic. Extended warranties....