1. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Who is going this year? 2013? Plans, good places to stay in the area, if host hotel is full?

Are the Eastern Iowa folks coming down as a group? Others?

Thanks, Don

2. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    Don, several of us are giving it serious consideration. We have a special, eight-day trip in late September out to the Great Smoky Mtns area this year (a club slaying of the not-yet-sleeping Dragon, if you will) and that's likely to make our MITO '13 numbers a bit smaller than usual.

3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Special trips are fun, like when MINI5280 went up as a small group to Yellowstone, snow was an extra bonus. :)

Anyone else signed up? Is the host hotel the best place to stay.

Don

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Wow, Crickets.... Anyone on M/A going to mito? Noticed the hosting hotel has Friday/Saturday blocked already.

Where do the mito organizers hang out, anyone know?

Thanks, Don

5. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    We'll have a couple of Clubman from Virginia headed down for the week. Really looking forward to it!

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    My wife and I will be staying over at Beaver Lake that weekend for our anniversary, so I'm sure we'll see some MITO people cruising around, look for the Clubman in my avatar and don't forget to wave!

I've done this event several times and the AMOK bunch are a great group to hang out with, and the roads around there are fantastic MINI roads, smooth, very little traffic, lots of twists and turns and elevation changes, just fun all around. Hope a bunch of you all decide to go, the weather will be perfect and the fall colors should be epic.

7. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Thanks for the replies, I registered today and looking at the lodge options. Event hotel still booked on the days I need, but have not tried booking with the code from the registration process.

Maybe that is the key! :)

Looking forward to it, this will be a way point as I am doing a loop, Denver area to Austin, Texas, MITO, family in MO, KC or suggested places to visits via a nice PM, then head back to Denver.

I suspect a little over 4K on this trip, maybe 4500 miles, we shall see.

Don

8. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Still looking for good lodging options in Eureka Springs for MITO.

Anyone have other suggestions other than the event hotel. It seems some of the online options via the MITO website are limited.

Where have people stayed and enjoyed, anyone tried a B&B or small AK lodge near the main facilities.

Anything down on the main street that is attractive, funky and comfortable?

Thanks,
    Don

9. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I am booked will be there Fri ,Sat, Sun and we are staying at Motel 62, the last I looked they still had rooms available.

10. WildThang

WildThang New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Retired Steel Horse Cowboy
    Fremont Nebraska
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Hey Don...the lodging with the group is the place to be! It's a huge motel, plenty of room for everyone's MINI, and the rooms aren't bad at all. The motel even sets up a bucket wash station for us to use! This will be our second time to MITO and our fourth trip in the area. There should be other motel options around town since it's at the end of their tourist season and Eureka Springs has many lodging options.

We'll see ya in the Ozarks!

11. maacodale

May 7, 2009
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    We need something for Saturday night. We've got a time share through Friday. I did check and the event hotel is blocked but I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Sometimes they block out everything even if they have some rooms left. If that's not the case, hoping they have a cancellation or two.

If nothing else wed like to stay where others are if we can't get into the event hotel.

12. maacodale

May 7, 2009
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: I called the event hotel tonight. The lady at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks said they still have a "good amount" of rooms left. So it looks like the VA contingent will be there Saturday after our time share is up.

The lady said we need the code to get the rate. From what I've seen it looks like that is MITO.

13. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Thanks, I did get into the event hotel, when you register for MITO they email you a fancy code, that gets you into the block of rooms the Inn has set aside for the event.

You cannot do it online, you have to call and talk to the very nice staff at the event hotel.

Not a bad rate for fall season. But hey, I am used to paying rates in the Rockies, so this is very good to me. :)

Getting in sometime on Thursday, may do a Wed. night in one of the smaller towns for grins.

Don

14. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0