MINIs used to deliver Pizza to Air Force One

Discussion in 'Weird MINI News' started by Nathan, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

A call from the White House last week sent employees at Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria in Seattle scurrying to make a 40-pizza delivery to a visiting President Barack Obama aboard Air Force One.

Joe Fugere, founder and chief executive of four-unit Tutta Bella, and a small crew of company employees Friday manned a borrowed wood-fired pizza oven in the parking lot of Paine Field in Everett, Wash. Air Force One was parked there while the President made nearby appearances.

The decision to make the pizzas at the airport stemmed from Fugere’s concerns that the thin-crust pies would not be optimum for serving after a 30-minute trip by car from the Tutta Bella restaurant closest to the Everett airfield, he said.

Once cooked, the pizzas were loaded into the back of three Mini Cooper automobiles loaned by a local dealer and sent to the President’s flying command center.

“All the components just fell into place,†said Fugere, who had only gotten word that the President would be in town and appreciative of a taste of Tutta Bella on Wednesday evening.

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    and......it's a Coupe :cornut: What about the :beer ?

3. INAMINI

INAMINI New Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Washington State
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And I didn't even know! This happened about two miles from me. INAMINI would've delivered the pizza!

4. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Wow, how'd I miss this one. Ya, I'da liked to have delivered the last of his pizzas too.