MITM 2013 - Avon, Colorado @ Christie Lodge

Discussion in 'Minis in the Mountains (August 7 - 11, 2013) - Avo' started by old81, Oct 29, 2012.

1. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    August 7-11, 2013, time to be planning your vacation, our internal planning has been going on for months.

We are going West a bit, Avon, Colorado. Our hosting Lodge will be the Christie Lodge. A mild Western Theme is in development, not Country Western and not Cowboy, think Heart of the Valley/Avon, wide open West.

We will have group rates available, look for future postings on our schedule for each day.

We will have some new rides and adventures for you to try out.

We will start with event setup on Wednesday August 7, 2013. We will be changing up the event.

[​IMG]

Our event Chair will be posting more as will others from the MITM team.

Hope to see many of you, Don S.

2. batman1usa

batman1usa New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sad to leave Winter Park, BUT READY FOR THE CHANGED!!!:drool and READY to GO!!!

Extra $$ will be needed for nearby shopping.

:Thumbsup::Thumbsup: Mini5280 :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

JD

3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    A little December bump, so you all don't forget to plan your August Vacation appropriately.

We would love to see you at MITM in Avon. We have plans, great plans. :) :smile5:

4. JackMac

JackMac Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    PA
    Ratings:
    +256 / 0 / -0
    Calendar marked :Thumbsup:

5. powrcat

powrcat New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Senior Director of Business Operations at an Educa
    Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to making it this year after missing last year. I know the Avon homebase will provide a nice range of rides around the state!

6. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Yes, oh yes! We are looking forward to marking out some new MINI roads in the Avon area.

It will allow us to revisit some of the great roads up near Leadville and back towards Copper Mountain.

So, Avon is 25 miles closer to the west coast MINI folks and only 25 miles farther for all the folks out to the east. :)

And we don't have Berthoud Pass to negotiate (Wiki) although I will miss the potential for a spirited MINI drive up to the top from either direction. :)

See you there, fun in the planning. :Thumbsup:

Don

7. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    MITM 2013 Registration

MITM #8 in Avon, Colorado will open on April 1, 2013.

Check the MITM website for details.

Here is our MITM tagging card, look for them on a MINI near you! :Thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

Enjoy, come see us in August.

Don

8. Pretje

Pretje New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Colorado
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Really looking forward to my first MITM!

9. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Planning continues. We have a group planning meeting coming up in early March. We have met with the folks up in Avon and had a nice call with the folks in Beaver Creek.

Both the staffs at Christie Lodge and Beaver Creek Village are working with us to make MITM #8 in Avon special. :)

We have found our Saturday dinner venue, this is going to be excellent, a rustic place in the town of Avon, figure on live music after 10PM and the bar stays open until 2AM.

Oh, btw.... You can walk back to the Christie Lodge our HQ venue, so no harm will come to your MINI. :) :)

MITM rides will be awesome. We will have one or two dedicated rides for Countryman owners, :drool :Thumbsup:

Don

10. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    What about Jeep tours of the surrounding area? :p

Only a month until registration! Ive got to get cracking on arranging a trailer, and a paint job before August.

11. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    How about an engine? :aureola: Screw the trailer, paint job would be nice, engine is better. :) :Thumbsup:

12. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Just had to buy Jeep, no motor money this year. :(

Paint needs to be done, before I start getting surface rust, since everything has been prepped since last spring.

13. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    MITM 2013 Registration is open!

Via Pauhana - Rick G.

MINIs In The Mountains 2013 Registration is Now Open. MITM-8 is Aug. 7-11, 2013 in Avon, Colorado, 8 miles of Vail. The Christie Lodge (Avon), MITM headquarters, is offering a MITM Group Discount. Register now as a MITM Guest (includes T-shirt, Grille Badge, Event ID and special MITM gift) and for optional MITM Dinner and !NUF Car Show. New this year is Pinewood Derby and Pinewood Car Racing, managed by a local Boy Scout Troop (receives 100% of entry fees). Of couse, the legendary MITM Group Rides are in the planning and mapping stages - we will have an Ice Cream Run (different locations) everyday! Become a MITM Volunteer (check-in, traffic control, etc.) and receive a free Staff t-shirt (see Contact Us). Colorado and the Avon area information is provided in the MITM site. Don't delay, Registration and merchandise purchases end July 21, 2013. Book your lodging and register for MITM 2013 NOW: MINIs In The Mountains | Avon, Colorado Aug. 7-11, 2013

Read more: http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/mini5280/15493-mitm-2013-avon-christie-lodge.html#ixzz2RL1H2N9l

14. LostDenverite

LostDenverite New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    C3M Territory
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm already in Denver for my annual pilgrimage the week of July 4th. Have to put this on my schedule for 2014 :-(

15. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Hey lost, put off the pilgrimage, come in early August, double your fun. ;)

Hope to see you in 2014, we will be having MITM #9 in 14. :)

Don

16. LostDenverite

LostDenverite New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    C3M Territory
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    No can do. The first two weeks of July is a ritual ever since I left Denver in 2001. I'm only going one week this year as I'm using the other for MOTD.

I'm in & out of Denver as I do some annual conferences on the west coast. I use Denver as my pivot point so I can see friends, hang out and do laundry/dry cleaning/barber. That way I travel with only carry-on luggage and refresh in Denver. I'm in on 6/9, out on 6/11, in 6/14, out 6/17, in 6/23, out 6/24, in 7/3, out 7/9. When I sent my best bud my schedule so he can pick up/drop off at DIA, he goes "why don't you just stay the summer in Denver?". Eureka! So I've already put that in my boss's head for me to drive out to CO for the summer next year and do my conferences from my "summer home". I can justify it the 6-weeks starting early June, it will be a stretch to stay into Aug for MITM, but that's my hidden agenda :)) We shall see.

17. zinvestor

zinvestor Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Mfg Systems Consultant
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Please update the merchandise description for the shirts with the fabric content. If the shirts are NOT 100% cotton is there a shirt delete option from the basic registration. I can't even use the 50/50 shirts as rags!

Edit: Would be willing to pay more for 100% cotton shirt if available.

18. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    We have been discussing this about shirts. First you need to register as a guest of MITM Avon, then send me a note via the contact us tab. We can deal with this on a one to one basis.

It does cost extra as our shirts are supplied based on registered MITM attendees, thus we need a lot of lead time.

Hope that helps, Don

19. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    52 Days until MITM, register soon.! Before registration closes in July. :)

Zinvestor: Our shirts will be 100% cotton this year, a very good shirt brand too.

No extra charge needed. :Thumbsup:

Don

20. Rjgross

Rjgross New Member

May 5, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HELP! Calling all MINIons (volunteers). We still need some help at MINI 2013. Here is your chance to be a part of MITM 2013. We still have openings for assistance in registration, BBQ/Wine Cheese set up/tear down, Car show traffic control and the Dinner. Most activities only require a couple hours of you time. We can sure use your help. Please sign up to volunteer at MINIs In The Mountains | Avon, Colorado Aug. 7-11, 2013 , click on "contact us" then "I want to volunteer".