MITM 2013 Registration is open.

Discussion in 'Minis in the Mountains (August 7 - 11, 2013) - Avo' started by old81, Apr 30, 2013.

1. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    #1 old81, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Registration is open, our website is up and running.

Goto https://minisinthemountains.com/ browse around, hit the register tab, then remember to get your lodging via the lodging tab!

We do have a group of rooms blocked at the Christie Lodge our event HQ.

If you need dog friendly try the Comfort Inn in Avon, they are a comfy place.

If you want a higher standard of accommodation, you have choices in Vail, Beaver Creek and a number of options in Avon proper.

Remember to sign up for dinner, the menu looks excellent for Saturday night.

Check out the area maps we have provided on the website, we have rides in the planning.

If you have a Countryman think dirt, I will lead that ride.

Don :)

2. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    Don, now that it's 5/6 the MITM Banner link has supplanted MOTD and is now prominently displayed at the top of the EIM Website. :Thumbsup:

3. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Thank you sir! I like the remote support, MITM Avon is shaping up nicely!

4. BLUCOOPR

BLUCOOPR New Member

May 21, 2009
    Retired Truck Driver
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I think I got it right this time???????? Registered and ready to roll, ok motor on!!!

5. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    #5 old81, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    It is not to late to register, you have until July 21, but the early bird gets the choice MINI spots.

Special pricing on lodging at our MITM host hotel the Christie Lodge.

See the website to register, get lodging and view our updates on activities and fun.

We will have some great rides and activities for the whole family, good food, great night activities (bars and pubs), the area is alive with live music each night.

Think Rides, Parade, Car show, BBQ, Beer, music and more.

We look forward to seeing you at MITM.

Don

6. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    More needed, have you planned your Colorado Vacation? :) ;)

Come up and play in our Mountains.

Don

7. kent kanipe

kent kanipe New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Retired
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    This will be my second MITM. Went last year and really enjoyed the whole event. Call me nuts if you will, but washing and detailing your MINI/Mini with a bunch of other owners is a great social event. Colorado's mountain roads are a hoot. As always, MINI's love company. I encourage anyone and everyone to get yourself to this great event.

Kent

8. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Hi MINI friends.

There is still time to register and get a good room rate at the Christie Lodge, MITM is shaping up nicely, rides are going to be great!

We will be in Beaver Creek Resort for our MINI car show and the MITM group photo.

Did you know that Motoring Alliance is one of our sponsors this year, a hearty Thank You to Nathan for supporting our National Event.

Come one, all of you come, we need some representation from the mid-west in the Rockies.

Brew Swap on Wed. PM after vendor setup, Brew Swap and BBQ on Thursday eve at the Christie Lodge, bring your beer and your meat, we have the other stuff getting lined up. We will have many grills, all gas fired for the fun!

Don

9. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    :beer

Good Morning folks, registration closes July 21. It is 43 days until MITM in Avon.

We have rides being finalized, you will be amazed at the variety. Dinner on Saturday AVON, remember to get your dinner ordered in advance, we have limited seating, no dinners purchased at the event.

!NUF MINI Car show and the MITM Group photo will be at the Village in Beaver Creek, they have great shops which will be open and a number of good restaurants.

The Boy Scout troop of Vail Valley is our working team for the Pinewood Derby and will as our charity of choice will receive all monies from those events, build a car to run and/or show. Trophies are being awarded. MINI5280 will match the charity donation with a max. contribution to support the supporting Scout troop.

Come out to the Rockies, register at our MITM website.

Thank you, Don

10. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    37 Days until MITM AVON. :) ;)

11. kent kanipe

kent kanipe New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Retired
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    FYI for folks traveling to, from, or extending their trip......check out the San Juan Skyway! This is a wonderful high altitude curve filled road that covers some of Colorado's best to be had. The loop can be tapped into in Durango or Cortez, anyplace along the way....towns include Telluride, Rico, Silverton, Ouray. Grab your maps!

Kent

12. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    #12 Jason Montague, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    :cornut: Butch Cassidy(Robert Leroy Parker) robbed the bank in Telluride, for you interested Old West historians.:Thumbsup:

Jason

13. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I will be there with my Jeep... If anybody wants to get away and SEE some history. ;)

14. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    You do know you can run the Countryman run on Friday 10AM, I'm leading in the CM ALL4, we need a good tail-gunner. :)

We will end with Ice-Cream or Coffee about 2:30 before the Wine & Cheese Social at the Christie Lodge Friday eve, before folks head out to dinner. :biggrin5:

What day are you coming up, you staying at the Christie or camping nearby?

Don

15. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to try and make the whole thing again... I get back from my army annual training 3 days before though so I don't know how that will go over with work. I'll probably pitch a tent somewhere close, just don't know where yet.

Don't think anybody would want to take a CM anywhere I would take them in the Jeep. Some of the rocks are headlight high to an R50!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372827375.771541.jpg

16. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    It's official, I will be there all week. :D

Now I just need a place to park my tent, and get registered. Only a little over a week until I am back out of state again.

17. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Look around Avon, I'm sure there is a local squat.

Looking at those new tires, I see a MINI Engine in your R53, right there! :devil: :cool:

Jeep is looking good. :Thumbsup:

18. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Only thing I am seeing for camping areas is down the road a ways outside Minturn. When I lived in Edwards a while back, I did some poking around, and found nothing. :( It will all work out.

What I have spent on the Jeep so far is really not as much as one would think... Nothing compared to what my engine setup for the MINI will cost, and now that the Jeep is almost where I want it for a while, I will be working on the car again.

19. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Registration Stats July 7 AM.

31 Days until MITM - Avon

15 Days until MITM registration is closed, get registered, get your dinner tickets.

Current stat today, 149 MINIs registered, some folks are bringing up 2 MINIs, so about 175 MINIs based on registration.

Day trippers will swell us by 20-30% for Friday and Saturday, it will be a fun event.

Build a Pinewood Derby car and enter it for the Derby on Saturday, all monies from these entries goes to the Boy Scouts of Vail Valley, our Charity pick for this year in Avon.

Note the big news for Thursday, go listen to some of the music on the link provided by our MITM Chairman, that little lady rocks. :Thumbsup:

Don

20. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I signed up this morning, #151 on the list... Good sign, 151 was the bumper number on my gun truck when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell! :D