MITM and MOOSE watchers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tater tot, Aug 8, 2011.

1. tater tot

tater tot New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For all those who came to MITM and drove back and forth through Empire this past weekend. Tonight on the way home about 7:00 a MOOSE was hit right out side of town between Empire and I-70 highway on the way to the ramp. It totaled a Tahoe, I felt so sorry for the people, they were from out of state and I'm sure that is not the way they wanted to encounter a MOOSE. I felt so bad for the MOOSE, I enjoy seeing them so much they are fantastic creatures and so beautiful. I am very thankful that nobody in a MINI hit one of these. I can't imagine the outcome. Hope some of you got to see the MOOSE in there natural settings this past MITM and will come back soon. See ya next year!!!

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    We saw mom and 3 babies, very cool. Sorry to here about the one that got hit, hope those folks are Ok.

Mark

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Many moons again when I was just a young pup summering in Maine I saw the aftermath of a Moose and MG meeting.

The MG lost.

4. tater tot

tater tot New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The people were all standing beside there Tahoe, looking over at the moose. Probably just very thankful. I had a friend two years ago who hit a ELK on I 70 going 65mph early in the morning. He clip it up into his windshield crushing the car roof done on him, the Elk got off and ran into the woods and was not found nor any blood. The car was of course totaled. I have in almost fours years of going by that intersection never have I seen a moose there, it was a strange area for one to be.

5. StLouieLo

StLouieLo New Member

May 5, 2009
    RN
    Midcoast
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    We did see a moose with her triplets (-: Thank goodness the people were not injured but sorry for the poor moose. There aren't even any moose signs down near Empire!

Lois

6. tater tot

tater tot New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yea thats the strange part. I only have ever seen Rams and Elk never a moose I don't know where the moose came from. The moose was a female, hopefully no babies. But with moose another mother will raise them up usually they say. She was big though, at first I thought it was a male, but no antlers.