MMW '10 Penticton BC

Discussion in 'MINI Meet West (June 28 - July 1, 2010)' started by Nathan, Sep 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    June 28 - July 1 2010 will hopefully find you enjoying lovely Penticton, British Columbia for MINI Meet West.

Not much data on it yet...

New Page 1

Events Calendar:

* Monday – Pre Registration – Hospitality Suite / Art show
    * Tuesday – Registration, Car Show, Swap and Shop, Group Photo, Car Photos, Evening Drive
    * Wed – Autocross and Funkana at Pentiction Speedway, Desert Run
    * Thursday – Rally and Awards Banquet
    * Friday – Optional Scenic Drive
    * Spousal and kid events will be planned

2. jhiggs26

jhiggs26 New Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My wife and I will be attending, especially since it's so close to us(4 hour drive). I've been to a few of these meets and they are fun fun times!

Here's the weblink: New Page 1

Photos of Vancouver Mini Club(Mini Meet West sponser) Member's cars during the 2009 All british Run. The yellow R53 is mine.

2nd photo is of my wife with some BC scenery North of Whistler, BC.

[​IMG]

Login | Facebook

3. RichardPG

RichardPG Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Prince George, BC
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I hope to be there with my yellow R53 as well. I have the time booked off now i just have to book a hotel.

Has anyone checked the price at the host hotel?

4. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Jesse & I will be there and plan to caravan up with a couple of MINIs and two classics. We will be driving up the CA OR, and WA coasts then a ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria BC, a day or two there and then to Nanimo for a ferry to Vancouver, then a drive up to Whislter, a night in Kamloops and arrive in Penticton on June 28

5. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    I will likely attend at least a part of this.

6. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I know that this is a west coast event, but maybe some of you across the country can get free. We have a group of 4 MINIs and 2 Classic Minis starting from California and others joining us along the way in Oregon. We will be taking the coast route along the twisty cliffs above the Pacific Ocean through CA, OR, and WA. We will be taking the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria. Our group has decided that we want to spend two nights in Victoria and include a visit to Butchart Gardens. I'd bet I'll be ready for a lazy day strolling around the harbour in Victoria, maybe afternoon Tea at the Empress Hotel. So Jesse & I might take the "northern route" through Whistler on the way back. Here is our updated route and would love to have any Minis join us along the way:

www.minimeetswest.com June 28 - Jul1 2010

250-477-9650 250-477-9650

Mini Meets West caravan from SF Bay Area to Penticton BC
    So far 4 MINIs and 2 Classic Minis

Depart Novato CA./Redding/Eureka June 23
    Arrive: June 23 Brookings OR Best
    Distance: Redding to Brookings 238 miles
    Arrive: June 24 Newport OR Best
    Distance: Brookings to Newport 204 miles
    Arrive: June 25 Ocean Shores WA
    Distance: Newport to Ocean Shores 236 miles
    2-Night Stay in Victoria (June 26/27
    Arrive: June 26 Victoria BC Canada
    Distance: Ocean Shores to Victoria 137 miles via 101 north to Port Angeles and ferry to Victoria
    June 27 Victoria 2nd night
    Depart Victoria June 28 via ferry to Vancouver
    From here it is 283 miles to Penticton – which works out to 6 hrs 46 minutes (however nearly 2 hrs is on the ferry) If we left at 9:00am from the hotel in Victoria we would arrive
    Around 3:46pm in Penticton without any further stops. If we add in gas/potty & lunch we would arrive around 6:00pm

1st Ferry – Port Angeles to Victoria – June 26 afternoon
    2nd Ferry – Swartz Bay (Victoria - 9:00am)– Tsawwassen Ferry (Vancouver -10:35am)
    June 28th

7. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    To all northern California. Oregon, and Washington Mini enthusiasts.

Time is now quickly approaching for Mini Meets West 2010 in Penticton British Columbia Canada. We have a route planned, hotels and ferries booked, even lunch & dinner stops. If you would like to join us for all or part of this adventure, please let us know. I can send you all the maps, schedules, links, etc. We will be leaving on June 23, meeting up in Eureka CA, and will spend the night in Brookings Oregon. We will have at least two classic Minis in our caravan. Then its a 200-250 mile per day drive hugging the rugged-twisty Pacific Ocean coast through Oregon, Washington, up the Olympic Peninsula and a ferry boat crossing from Port Angeles to Victoria BC Canada. Two nights there with a visit to Butchart's Garden, then a ferry to Vancouver and a drive to Pentiction for MMW 2010. Our return is open so we will go where ever the wind takes us. Hope you can make time to join us on this journey.

8. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    If you are planning on driving to MMW in Penticton BC Canada, please be sure to get an insurance certificate for Canada. I understand this is required for entry to Canada via car. I know that AAA, Hagerty, State Farm all offer these certificate cards free.

9. Pooper

Pooper Club Coordinator

Oct 15, 2009
    Retired
    Shasta, CA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Here is the official Canadian Auto Insurance Information:

British Columbia - Driving in BC

U.S motorists should obtain a Canadian Non-resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card from their insurer before travelling to Canada

Motor Vehicle Insurance
    Ensure that you have proof of insurance while driving in Canada. US motorists should obtain a "Canadian Non-resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card" (commonly known as a "Yellow Card" or "Canadian ID Card") from their insurer prior to travelling to Canada. This insurance card indicates that you are covered with the minimum legal insurance coverage throughout Canada if you are stopped by law enforcement officials or are involved in an accident in Canada.
    If your insurance representative requires further information about this yellow card, they should contact:
    Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR)
    5160 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 85
    Toronto, Ontario, M2N 6L9, Canada
    Tel : (416) 226-7895 (416) 226-7895
    Fax : (416) 590-7070
    Email : [email protected]
    Web: Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators / Conseil canadien des responsables de la reglémentation d'assurance