Announcement More Great Roads

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Whine not Walnuts, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    There is a biker guy that has a 501c3 in SE Kentucky that is trying to put together a MINI meet. Proceeds are suppose to go to supporting the area, something a little different than the MOTD thing. I book rooms in the Robbinsville during the MOTD week and support the local merchants but I do not support the guy that puts it on. https://backroadsofappalachia.org/

And at the Back of the Dragon in SW Virginia there is another guy that grew up in the area and has invested heavily with his own money to make the area better. Kudos to him as well. https://www.backofthedragon.com/

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Looks instructing. A bit of a drive for me though.

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Not in either the Helmet or the Lotus!

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Don't know why the original poster doesn't support the organizer of MOTD?

He does a heck of a lot of work for no pay just to help fellow MINI owners have an enjoyable time in the mountains. His efforts also support the local people. All of the folks involved sure do have my support. Having organized car events myself let me tell you, it ain't easy!

One might suggest if you don't care for this one guy. Maybe stay home, that will show him. ;) Or better yet organize your own event.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    No pay, what a joke. The asshole bragged to me on how much money he made on a typical event.

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    So what makes him an arsehole? Did he pee in your cheerios or something? As far as him making money, that's OK by me. I still say he does a lot of good. If I'm wrong set me straight.