MOTD 2018 Motoring Alliance Tent at MOTD

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon Annual Event Forum' started by Sully, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I already figured that out when i saw a lot of non vendor bozos run up the slope, park their MINIs and head to the cafe for a brewski or a burger. I never knew the vendors were all up there!

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    #122 Crashton, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    #123 MCS02, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    It was a good time, I enjoyed meeting everyone even that NAM guy@r52coop you know who you are:D
    @Teddy thank for the donation of swag. @wmwny thanks for the Cuban!. @Sully thanks for all the work you do for MA and helping me look for my GoPro, the person that bought it for me was not very happy I lost it so quick. @vetsvette your a class act, and so is your grandson, tell him thanks agin for the tea. @Dave.0 thanks for the detailing tips and the firecrackers on vendera row, I did not need those 2 years of my life you scared out of me.

Edit because I did not proofread. Sorry wmwny.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    A good time was had by all and it was great seeing old friends again and meeting new ones.

Watch out for random fireworks.

Lee that was a little 16 pack of firecrackers, because on Saturday night Colin got Josh and I with a 1,000 roll under our chairs while we were talking by our fire pit. Hahahahaha If you play the game, some times you win sometimes you loose. I win more than I loose. Hahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed putting faces to names I’ve been talking with for years. Great job with the donations for the food bank. I would have loved to join you guys for a cold one but my Doc told me to lay off anything that’d thin my blood out over the weekend. The pics that the Modfather posted of his smoker looked great.
    Next year will be a shorter stay because Eli will be in his first year of middle school and his mama put her foot down. I can’t check him out for three days again. He had a ball meeting all you guys and got to know most of the vendors.
    Already counting down to the next one.

EDIT: I definitely will not be wasting my money on the dyno next year. Thanks for the heads up about the altitude Dave.

6. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agreed - would love to have met you. It was a crazy weekend. Glad you were able to meet @Goldsmithy I also agree, they need better wifi. I was staying in the lodge and couldn't get a good connection. I have a lot of pics and some video to upload. :)

7. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Lol - yea we were sitting there and the leftovers were landing on us. Good times. Then when I was leaving, forgot I had left the camera on the dash and stalled it. Sure there was some good "discussion" about that. :Bag:

8. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agreed - went down to sign up and watched a few... Watched them fiddle around with a car for about 45 minutes (assume was an auto) then the all4... they almost did a dyno on (glad they didn't).. I decided to hold off after watching both of those.

9. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agreed.. hated to miss that but glad I was able to meet him in person when he came to the tent. We are already working on plans for next year. @Goldsmithy has some ideas and @ALLMAG Dustin and I discussed a few. Needless to say, I think we will continue to improve. Can't give enough thanks for @Goldsmithy and @MCS02 for their help.

I do have a challenge - for anyone who didn't attend MOTD... notice anything different when you look at the tent? (I don't mean the fact that we had a tent or donations... just anything else)??
    MOTD attendees - don't respond. :D

10. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Oh snap..
    I was thinking no-one noticed. You already answered the comment I posted... hadn't read that far on the thread.. winner... :Thumbsup:

I'll be updating the site with it. I also have new tag cards. I've also been waiting to send out the annual badges until that was done. Note - the annual badges will have the "nostalgic" logo on them. That way you know the "original" supporters. :D They will go out this week. As always feedback on the new logo is appreciated. :D