MOTORING COAST TO COAST IN A GP

Discussion in 'Roadkill and other Musings' started by TWISTYBITZ, Jun 9, 2010.

1. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Altadena/Pasadena, California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi All...

On July 1st I'll be flying from Pasadena, Ca. to Orlando Fl. to pick up a friends GP and motor it back my house in California. He needs it in Los Angeles for the start of MTTS and will be flying out just before.

My route... Orlando to either GulfPort or New Orleans, La... then to Dallas or Wichita Falls, Tx... then to Santa Fe, Nm... and my last 2 stops before home... Prescott and Phoenix, Az. All one niters.

Id like to hear from any MINI owners who live in any of the towns noted with the exception of Orlando. I'll be in Orlando late on the 1st and leave early on the 2nd of July so no time to meet up.

Give me a shout to see if we can meet up along the way on my journey.

Robert (RB) :cornut:

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Dallas checking in, but really you'd be best off from New Orleans to stay on I-10 for the 879 miles across TX, hitting Dallas is really far out of the way.

3. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Texas is a great state unless you have to drive across it. Then it sucks.

Prescott to Flagstaff is one of the most stunning drives you will ever take. Be prepared with a BIG memory card for your digital camera!

Safe travels!

4. gbmini

gbmini New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be in Orlando around that time - maybe we could meet up, even though I see you won't be there for long :D

5. TWISTYBITZ

TWISTYBITZ New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    graphic designer
    Altadena/Pasadena, California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nathan... heading up to Santa Fe is a must so no 10 to California as I normally would. As as far as Dallas goes, if there was a strong contingent of MINI folks might stop.

Johngo... I have done that drive before and yes it... as you say... 'STUNNING" Not as stunning as San Simeon to Carmel on the 1 but none the less beautiful.

GBMINI... gotta be Ian... Ya think!