Mounting a Camera/Best Location

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by dogdal24, Oct 31, 2009.

1. dogdal24

dogdal24 New Member

May 17, 2009
    Perkasie Pa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have any advise on the best place to mount a GoPro video camera. My wife just gave me one for my birthday!:D Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. minispeedrcr

minispeedrcr New Member

May 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I put it on my roll bar! Been thinking of trying it on the roof facing both ways. Some of the other racers have had it on thier front bumpers. The suction mount works real well.

3. cabriopilot

cabriopilot New Member

May 8, 2009
    Swashbuckler
    Jacksonville, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #3 cabriopilot, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    I don't have the GoPro video camera but my favorite place to mount my Sony cam is on the door using a StickyPod with a wide angle lens.
    This allows me to capture both the side of the MINI and the road ahead for maximum effect.

4. dogdal24

dogdal24 New Member

May 17, 2009
    Perkasie Pa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just gave a couple spot a try. Without too many adapters with the suction mount it fits nice on the roof just in front of the sunroof. Also on the hood just above the scoop. I have not run any video with these locations but we'll see how it looks. On the hood might be a little distracting being I'm a newb in autocross! I'll also give the side a try.

5. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I just picked up a GoPro HD at SEMA yesterday, it came with a half dozen small adhesive mounts that you can put in various locations, as well as the suction mount, may try it out tomorrow.

6. MINIBee

MINIBee New Member

May 4, 2009
    Senior Video Producer, St. Petersburg Times
    Tampa, FL
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    #6 MINIBee, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    You can pretty much stick them anywhere and it looks great. Midway down the driver's side door more toward the front is great for autocross as it gives you a nice look at your front wheel and cone clearance. Further back by the gas cap is great too. I'm currently working on a tow hook mount for the GoPro. I recently mounted one on the back passenger window in my cabrio for a cool look that makes you feel like you're in the passenger seat. And did you know the bolts that come with the kit are a direct fit for our antenna mounts? In the video you'll see a camera mounted on my cabrio antenna mount. I love the cameras so much I became a distributor!

Here's some recent suff from MSSD:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oKId0alagE"]YouTube- MINIBee and Shadow on the Dragon[/ame]