2nd Gen GP My JCW GP2

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by czar, Jun 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Wow that sux

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    There you go Dave.....now they're taping them together :)

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,667 / 2 / -0
    Movable aerodynamic device. Now that is high tech. :wink:

4. czar

czar New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Called in to my local dealer JCT600 Saturday 20th July, just to say hi and thank you to the sales staff, and a promised drive of my GP2 to Debbie of the sales team staff who dealt with the purchase of the GP2, upon Debbie's return after her promised drive, Debbie commented on how the turbo screamed, I didn't say anything at the time, as I hadn't heard the turbo scream, however when I drove away, sure enough there is a definitive induction scream with a noticeable reduction in throttle response power, I must point out this has nothing to do with Debbie from the sales team, it is a pure coincidence, I have monitored this on each and every drive since, and the induction scream is still there, it's not a loud induction scream, nevertheless it is audibly noticeable, so there is definitely a charge pressure leak to match the reduction in throttle response power!

My GP2 seems to be turning out to be of either a Monday morning or Friday afternoon build, I have noticed other slight issues, besides the rear window water seal falling off, my bonnet decal is not straight, the trailing edge of the carbon fibre roof spoiler is a very poor finish it has a rough unsealed finish to the rolled trailing edge, the passenger seat rattles, there is a knocking from the N/S/R and all this with less than 700 miles on the clock!

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Take the service tech for a ride with him/her driving such that they can experience the scream and loss of power.:Thumbsup:

Jason