1st Gen R53 Cooper S MY MINI COOPER S 2006 112K MILES WONT START HELP PLEASE !!!

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by mad mini motor, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    You may have missed my advice. Once again...

I agree with Nathan. No sense throwing money & parts at the car. So far it hasn't worked & it has cost you a lot. Cut your losses & take your MINI to the dealer for a repair or at least a diagnosis. I know that is not what you want to hear, but I think at this point it is sound advice.

Good luck & let us know what it was.

I have not had your issue on my 2006 MCS.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I have a 02 it has the switch in the engine compartment. I had checked the Bentley manual before posting and it also had it in this location for all models.
    I'm sorry if I posted some bad info. Thanks Nathan for the catch.
    I also believe it may be time to get it to someone that has equipment to find the problem before you spend more money.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    ^ Don't feel bad you tried as has everyone who have posted in this thread. Your latest advice is very sound. :Thumbsup:

4. oldvet53

oldvet53 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Disabled/Retired
    N.E. Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    On the newer cars with the fuel pump located in the gas tank, the gas acts as a coolant and absorbs the heat generated by the pump. That is why most New Car dealers and Mechanics say to not let the tank get lower than down to a 1/4 tank. and if you ran it completely out and kept cranking the car there is a good chance that the fuel pump has overheated and burned out, it's just my personal way of doing things to not let it get lower than a 1/4 tank and when it does I'm looking for a gas station. I learned the hard way on a '88 Mustang about not letting the tank run empty before putting gas in and hence the reason I never get lower than a 1/4 tank before I start looking for a gas station.

5. k-huevo

k-huevo Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Pipe Creek, Texas
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    Just an FYI about the MINI fuel pump. An adequate fuel level within the pump housing is maintained regardless of the tank's fuel level; except when the tank is run dry. The caution for maintaining levels greater than a quarter tank is to minimize the possibility of ingesting excessive contaminant at the bottom of the tank; the OP's dad was correct. For example, water is heavier than fuel, so if enough accumulates it will pool at the bottom of the tank, and get sucked up at a greater percentage than fuel if that's what remains available.
    I resemble that character, but I'll give you my three cents anyway.
    1. Seek professional help.
    2. Replace the crank position sensor.
    3. Test fuel pressure with a gauge, no short cut here; if it is OK, look elsewhere than fuel delivery (although injector filters could be clogged), and disregard the rest of my recommendations. Remove the fuel filter unit and reconnect the two halves, taking care they're completely pressed together and locked. Look at the feed hose to the fuel pump to be sure it is not cracked. Perform diagnostics to rule out an obstruction or disconnect in the tube from the filter sending unit to the pump. One positive telling point is when you install a new pump it works for a short while, this probably means the circuitry is OK.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

May 22, 2012
    Graphic Design Student/Airport Office Assistant
    Flemington, NJ
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    Making a post like that will turn people off from helping. Being from New Jersey i don't consider myself a "redneck" but I sure am sarcastic and I have good information but according to you I can't post :eek:

As what everyone else said, many times you will save a lot of money if you have a professional just look at your car.

7. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ^^^^ + 1000 X's

I am not a "redneck" but I have redneck friends so lets not try an insult people you dont know. I am sarcastic but it's just part of me being me and I live in the NE. (Philly)

The best tool you can use to get your car started is the phone. Call the dealer and make an appt.

8. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

May 22, 2012
    Graphic Design Student/Airport Office Assistant
    Flemington, NJ
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if Siri has an answer. Maybe she could even make the appointment for you.

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Hahahahahaha :Thumbsup::lol::Thumbsup::lol::devil:

10. oldvet53

oldvet53 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Disabled/Retired
    N.E. Arkansas
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'll own up to being a Country Redneck, which doesn't always have a negative connotation.

11. mad mini motor

mad mini motor New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You know what you can all keep your precious advice to yourself, ill find a way to fixing it even if it takes me 1 year ill make sure that i fix it !

I should have known better than to post on this site full of ignorant people.

12. mad mini motor

mad mini motor New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You know what you can all keep your precious advice to yourself, ill find a way to fixing it even if it takes me 1 year ill make sure that i fix it !

I should have known better than to post on this site full of ignorant people.

13. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that's some response.

First time in almost 4 years we've manages to upset someone like that.

Oh well...so much for trying to help.

I'm closing this thread as there is no need for any more discussion here.