My ride in the Infamous RoninExige

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Camaro, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Camaro

Camaro New Member

May 5, 2009
    Industrial designer
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Some of you have seen that I know Frank who is the owner of the batshit crazy fast 680whp Lotus Exige. How I became to know Frank, I stumbled upon his forum. Been following his car for the past 3 years now seen his car go through various stages of motor builds, drivetrain setups, wheel/tire combo's. The last 2 years I have made trips out to SoCal and always meant to meet up with Frank but those trips never worked out on meeting up. So with a fair amount of time before I came out I told Frank I will be out and ready for a gigglefest of a ride. After meeting him he is one hell of a nice guy, one hell of a fast car.

The experience

Standing near it, looking at everything in deep detail it was a work of absolute adrenaline junky automotive art. The sound out the tail pipe is almost not of this earth with the sound of two forms of forced induction running through and exiting with the sound of turbo spooling. The smell of 100oct with a hint of alcohol was all around as the car was idling in his garage. His car is a canyon monster, the power is soo linear and like Thor's Hammer the power and immense torque hits you with the slightest push of the throttle. Through the canyons the car stuck to the asphalt and never once squealed through the tight curves.

Here is video of my ride in the RoninExige

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Alex....

I hate you man...but in a good way :D

Here is the video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtE1s1ZgFc0&hd=1]My ride in the RoninExige - YouTube[/ame]

3. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  4. Camaro

Camaro New Member

May 5, 2009
    Industrial designer
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This happened yesterday morning :frown5:

RoninExige is down........******* hit&runner porsche

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ugh.... That's going to be a pricey fix. Can't just replace a fender on an Elise... probably even worse considering the custom widebody on that thing.

Sad.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    What a shame.

Something makes me think that some lemonade is going to made here.