Nascar at Mid-Ohio...

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by JMC40, Nov 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    So...I was listening to the radio today and heard the announcement that the Nationwide Series has signed a 3 year contract to run at Mid-Ohio starting next year. Not sure how I feel about this. I am by no means a fan, but the spectacle that is Nascar may be too much to miss...

Mid-Ohio joins Nationwide schedule in 2013 - Nov 13, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Interesting. The track is narrow & it will be tight. That being said the Nationwide series puts on a pretty good show at Elkhart Lake. I'm not a fan of Nascarp ether, but put them on a road course & I'm interested. Mid-Ohio needs to make money to survive, they should sell a few tickets if this comes to pass.

3. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    Oh they will sell a ton of tickets, and from a making Mid-Ohio survive standpoint I am happy to see it. It will be quiet the show, for sure...

We went the Brickyard 400 years ago and the people watching alone makes it worthwhile.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Saw that on the news the other night. While I'm not a huge NASCAR fan I'd go see this.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The press release

Nationwide Insurance Partners with Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for Inaugural Nationwide Children's Hospital 200

Tickets on sale for all 2013 Mid-Ohio events December 3

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course announced a three-year partnership with Nationwide Insurance and Nationwide Children's Hospital earlier today to bring the NASCAR Nationwide Series to Ohio for the first time. The event, to be titled the Nationwide Children's Hospital 200, is set for August 16-17, 2013. Nationwide Children's will benefit from collaborative fundraising and awareness efforts carried out by NASCAR, Mid-Ohio and Nationwide Insurance.

"The NASCAR Nationwide Series coming to Mid-Ohio is a major addition for the track, our region and the state of Ohio. We've always been dedicated to putting a dynamic schedule together each year for our fans and being able to work with NASCAR on securing a Nationwide event truly gives us one of the most powerful schedules in road racing," said Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course President Craig Rust. "To make this event even more special is our partnering with a company like Nationwide Insurance that has heavy racing involvement and has been a strong community supporter both in Ohio and nationally for almost a century. Helping to shine a bright light on the work that Nationwide Children's Hospital does is something in which we're very proud to be involved."

6. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I think it's great for Mid-Ohio as well as Ohio.

7. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    It was crowded last year at the Indy race. Adding nascrap is going to make it packed. I wounder if we can fly in?