Need feedback on MINITuner.com....

Discussion in 'Feedback, Reviews & Comments' started by TT_Zop, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    They are MINI Tuners in name only. They are a mass merchandiser known as Car Truck Tuner, LLC that own about 65 other domains such as ScoobyTuner.com, TruckTuner.com, 4RunnerTuner.com, 135Tuner.com, Bimmer1Tuner.com, Bimmer3Tuner.com.

Basically a WalMart of "Tuners".

Buy a heap, sell it cheap. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'd just imagine that support after the sale will be lacking if you run into any issues.

The scooby guys on NASIOC.com don't have any bad comments about them.

3. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I've dealt with them before. It's really a one-man show - Matt Bain. He's got a few distributor relationships and sets up nice sites for each brand of car he's selling to. He's knowledgeable and helpful and honest, from my experience and others I know. YMMV.

4. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I purcahsed from him in the past with no issues. However, I did not have any questions. If you know what you want, he has good prices. Another similar site with good prices is JSC Speed.

5. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback. I was skeptical if I should do business with them. I want a Milltec exhaust but wasn't sure if the 50.00 savings was worth the risk.

6. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    One other great option is to try and find a local custom exhaust shop. we are lucky to have a shop in town that specializes in custom set-ups for hot rods, race cars, and trucks.

They are set up to do mandrel and are a whole heck of a lot cheaper than the aftermarket ones. They did several systems for friends that were made with the Magnaflow mufflers and resonator and cost about $350-400 complete.

7. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Milltek is a great exhaust, but the Stratmosphere system is the same thing just cheaper, and actually a little better quality if I do say so.

8. ED955S

ED955S New Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Count me. I have purchased my Shark Injector from them back in 05 with good service. I dealt with Mathew Bain of MiniTuner.com